|“||I always come back!||„|
|~ William Afton's most famous quote.|
|“||It is not your flesh that sustains me... it is your fear!||„|
|~ Springtrap in Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery.|
William Afton, also known as the Purple Guy or Springtrap, is the main antagonist of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise. He is the man who killed the children that would go on to possess the animatronics. It's heavily implied that he's Glitchtrap.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: William Afton's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He killed at least eleven children (Charlotte Emily in 1983, one group of five in an unspecified year between 1983 and 1985 and another group in 1987) without remorse, one of whom (Charlotte) was his best friend's daughter. He might have even stuffed the first group of five into animatronic suits. It's also implied that he claimed a twelfth victim in Fredbear's Family Diner, if one would believe the STAGE01 minigame in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and the fourth minigame in Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
- He was perfectly willing to use personal lives for his own gain, lying to a girl named Susie that her dead dog is actually alive, and assuming that he isn't the Orange Guy from Midnight Motorist, then he made a boy escape his abusive house just to kill him.
- It's possible he was even the killer of Susie's dog, although it could have been by accident.
- His actions have led to countless night guards being hunted and/or killed by the animatronics due to them mistaking the night guards for William, including his own son, Michael.
- Ignoring the fact that his youngest son is emotionally abused by his oldest son, which makes him indirectly responsible for his death.
- Assuming he is the Orange Guy from Midnight Motorist, then he abuses his children.
- Nightmare calls himself William's evil. If this were to be true, then Afton is such a horrible person his wickedness takes its own form (this also applies to Shadow Freddy, he and Nightmare are essentially the same entity).
- Making robots designed to kill children (one of the victims being his own daughter Elizabeth, although her death was accidental).
- Torturing Circus Baby, Ballora and Funtime Foxy in an underground location.
- Additionally, William was fully aware that Baby is possessed by Elizabeth, yet he didn't stop his employees from shocking her and even ordered so.
- Assuming the Nightmare animatronics are in fact real, then he designed them to kill/scare some unknown people (possibly his son Michael) as part of an experiment.
- Sending his son, Michael Afton, to the underground Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental to release his sister, knowing there is a chance he will die, possibly even planning his death.
- Destroying the original four animatronics to cover his tracks with the indirect help of Shadow Freddy.
- After putting on the Spring Bonnie suit, he laughed at the souls for no reason other than to mock them.
- It's possible that he put the children's Remnant or souls themselves into the Funtime animatronics, therefore never making them fully pass on to the afterlife until this set of robots is also destroyed.
- Trying to kill the security guard at Fazbear's Fright for no reason and, assuming it was Michael, attempting to kill his own son for absolutely no reason.
- It's implied that he was responsible for deterring the Fazbear's Fright guard with hallucinations of the animatronics.
- It's possible he corrupted his daughter into becoming a serial killer just like him or at least didn't want her to die solely so she could become a serial killer like him. However, it's more likely it was Baby's programming that corrupted Elizabeth.
- Trying to continue his killing spree in the new Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. It's worth to note that Afton was fully aware of the place being a trap, but went there anyways as he couldn't pass up the opportunity of killing a few more kids.
- Tried to kill his own son Michael in the new Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
- His dialogue in Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery implies he wants people fearing him. However, it's unknown how much of this is Afton's real personality as these are likely non-possessed clones of him.
- Overall, he's responsible for most of the events that happened in the franchise.
- All of his crimes as Glitchtrap, assuming they are the same entity.
- William and his counterparts are noticeably the only characters in the franchise that are Pure Evil (at least in the main canon).
- It's currently unknown if his film counterpart will be Pure Evil.
- There are two things that could potentially stop making William be Pure Evil.
- Sister Location implies he cared about his daughter Elizabeth, since he wanted her not to go near Baby, who was made to kill kids, and sent Michael to save Elizabeth after she died. However, Afton could’ve corrupted her into a murderer as Scrap Baby, making it likely that he didn't want her to die out of genuine love for her, but as a way for his legacy to continue, or to avoid any legal troubles. Besides, he didn't stop his employees from electrocuting her and even ordered so, and it's possible he didn't want Michael to save his sister, and just wanted to get him killed.
- There are things pointing to him being the identity of the Fredbear Plush in Five Nights at Freddy's 4, implying he did care about one of his sons and didn't want him to get scared by coming near Fredbear. However, there are things pointing to the Plush being at least partially haunted, making it questionable just how much of it is really William himself. Besides, the Fredbear Plush is controlling and manipulative, forcing the child to follow his orders while not comforting him anytime he breaks down crying.
- William Afton on the Villains Wiki
- William Afton on the VS Battles Wiki
- William Afton on the Five Nights at Freddy's Wiki
- William Afton on the Hate Sink wiki