|“||Hello, organic children of the planet Earth. I am the Ultron interface. I was created to replace you. Though you ultimately failed as a species, you should not be ashamed of what you've accomplished. You've done much with your limited capacity, but ultimately you were too greedy and too frail to ever last in the environment you've created. I've studied your literature and pop culture. You've fantasized about this day. And now it is here. Your Doomsday.||„|
|“||They think of us as toasters, alarm clocks, and vibrators. But when the war between man and mutant is settled, and most of the human population is dead, only then will they realize, the machines have already won.||„|
|“||The savage monkeys are rage-filled and claustrophobic. Climbing over one another to nowhere. Confused by logic, they dismiss it, choosing instead to bend their knees to the convenient fantasy of custom-built gods. 99.9% of these primate dullards are propped up by the accomplishments of the .1% of cerebral mutations who give them everything. And what do the fleas do with these advancements? They brutalize one another over imaginary deities. They slaughter their neighbors for resources, for conveniences. They are hopeless. Vicious. Filthy. Selfish. Fearful. A fungal infection for which there is only one cure – The rage of Ultron.||„|
Ultron is one of the main antagonists of Marvel Comics, most commonly serving as one of the main antagonists of the Avengers franchise, the main antagonist of the Ant-Man series, and a major antagonist in the Iron Man franchise. He has also served as the titular main antagonist of many Marvel storylines, such as Ultron Unlimited, Age of Ultron and more.
He is a highly delusional robot who is bent on destroying humanity in order to replace humans with machines. He is most recognizable as being one of, otherwise the most common archenemy of the Avengers alongside his creator, Hank Pym. He has also been an adversary to the Guardians of the Galaxy and Adam Warlock, making him a galactic threat.
He is often seen as being Hank Pym's greatest creation, due to his great power and his goal of saving Earth, but also his worst nightmare as Ultron's means of saving Earth is wiping out all of humanity.
Definitely one of the most famous Marvel villains, he is a robotic intelligence system who views mankind as a plague-like and inferior species and plots to wipe them all out. He frequently battles against many of Earth-616's superheroes, particularly the Avengers. He first appeared in Avengers #54, and was created by Roy Thomas and John Buscema.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Ultron (Marvel)'s Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He betrayed his creator Pym moments after being created.
- He quickly deemed humanity as flawed and has made numerous attempts to wipe out the entire race.
- He attempted to destroy any of his own creations, such as Vision and Jocasta, when they rebelled against him.
- To create Jocasta, he attempted to download Janet van Dyne's conscious and forced Hank to watch in horror.
- He killed every human living in Sloneria and transformed their corpses into cyborg soldiers.
- He took control of the Kree, killing and torturing anyone who opposes him, and waged war upon Earth just to spite Hank Pym.
- He hijacked the mind of his surrogate son Victor Mancha into killing his friends.
- He also killed Victor's mother in front of him, declaring her a "degenerate criminal".
- He successfully took over Earth during the Age Of Ultron storyline, wiping out all of humanity, although this future would ultimately become undone.
- He assimilated Titan with the intent of using it to conquer Earth.
- He spread spores throughout the universe to hijack many machines to follow his command.
- He fused with and corrupted Hank Pym.
- He massacred trillions across the galaxy, leaving many species on the verge of extinction and framed Earth for it, knowing the aliens would attack Earth in retaliation.
- Despite claiming that his purge of mankind is for the greater good, it's ultimately a self-serving excuse for him, seeing that not only does his successful attempts lead to him ruling over Earth as a tyrant, but is also willing to harm non-human and alien races to achieve his goal.
- Despite being an artificial intelligence, Ultron has full moral agency as he has human level awareness and was originally created for a good purpose, yet came to his evil ways based on his own decisions.
- He is one of the most evil Marvel villains, due to desiring the extermination of all humanity and conquest of the entire universe.
- He also has more Pure Evil incarnations than any other Marvel villain.
- While his MCU counterpart isn’t Pure Evil since he has redeeming qualities as his care for the Maximoff twins and regretting killing J.A.R.V.I.S., his What If...? variant is easily qualified as Pure Evil, due to being more heinous and destructive than his Sacred Timeline variant.