|“||I want to see the splendor of people’s souls. I want to check and see if it really is precious. However, when humans base their lives around Sybil’s Oracle, without ever consulting their own wills, do they really hold any value?||„|
|~ Shogo Makishima.|
Shogo Makishima is the main antagonist of the first season of the anime, Psycho Pass. A mysterious criminal that is hellbent on attempting to destroy the Sibyl System, he serves as the foil of Shinya Kogami and also a Wicked Cultured Philosopher who claims on liberating human race from the oppressive Sibyl System that erases them from expressing their own individuality. However, it was soon revealed that his goal is not as well-intentioned as it seems.
He's played by Takahiro Sakurai in Japanese, who also plays Femto in Berserk (2016), and Alex Organ in English.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Shogo Makishima's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Personally admitting that he considered humans worthless due to them constantly being misled by Sibyl.
- Manipulating several Serial Killers to do his bidding so that they could enjoy their darkest fantasies.
- Helped in the murder of Sasayama.
- He has no hesitations to dispose his pawns when he grows bored with them.
- He kidnapped Akane's friend, Yuki Funahara, and used her as a bait to lure Shinya Kogami. He later took Yuki as hostage and ordered Akane to shoot him with a rifle instead of her Dominator. When Akane refused to use the rifle, he slited Yuki's throat and killed her.
- Murdering a trio of armored van robbers using a baseball bat when they tried to gang up on him after he told them that they were as foolish as everyone else being led by the Sibyl System.
- Though he claimed his intentions were to "save" people from the totalitarian Sibyl System, it was not out from a sense of justice or honor, but, rather because he enjoyed the concept of anarchy as lack of a government and chaos.
- Causes nation-wide riots after helping develop the Sibyl System-confunding helmets, fully intending to cause a lot of deaths.
- Killing his former ally Toma just to prove a point.
- Dismissed his loyal lieutenant Choe's death at the hands of Sibyl.
- Attempting to plunge Japan into anarchy by sabotaging its food supplies.