|“||Long live the king!||„|
|~ Scar showing his true nature to Mufasa before throwing him off the side of the gorge to the stampede below to his death - his most famous quote.|
Scar is the main antagonist of Disney's The Lion King franchise. He is Simba's formerly uncle and currently arch-nemesis, Kion and Kiara's formerly grand-uncle, Mufasa's formerly younger brother and arch-enemy currently, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed's former leader and boss and also of his army, the leader of Ushari and Zira's idol.
He was voiced by Jeremy Irons in the first film, by Jim Cummings in the second film (who also voiced Dr. Robotnik in Sonic SatAM, Steele in Balto, Rasputin's singing voice in Anastasia, Jacques in Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Fusilli in Courage the Cowardly Dog, Budzo in Zambezia and Hadrian in Minecraft: Story Mode), and by David Oyelowo in The Lion Guard. He was portrayed by John Vickery in the musical adaptation of the film.
He is the main antagonist of Disney's 32nd full-length animated feature film The Lion King, the posthumous overarching antagonist of its 1998 sequel The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, the overarching antagonist of both the 2004 prequel/parallel film The Lion King 1½ and the animated series The Lion Guard (serving as the posthumous overarching antagonist of Season 1, the main antagonist of Season 2 and once again as the posthumous overarching antagonist of Season 3 by being the main antagonist of it's Season 3 premier special Battle for the Pride Lands.), and a cameo character in The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Scar (Disney)'s Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Though the venom in his scar may have influenced his evil nature, Scar was already proven to be envious and power-hungry before being infected as he was willing to work with the Strange Lion to overthrow Mufasa as king due to his jealousy. There's also the fact that unlike his grand-nephew Kion, Scar didn't seek any treatment for the venom that was infecting him and allowed himself to fall into depravity. Furthermore, Kion did not turn evil as he did.
- Grew to completely despise his brother for seemingly mocking him by giving him his nickname. While he may be justified in being angry at Mufasa's action, it doesn't excuse him for wanting to kill his own brother.
- Used the Roar of the Elders to murder the Lion Guard members for not wanting to join him against Mufasa, which led to his loss of the roar, and then somehow covered up the crime.
- Nearly ate Zazu alive, and then later knocked him out when he tried to get help for Simba and Mufasa during the wildebeest stampede.
- Hating his nephew Simba because he was Mufasa's son and therefore the heir to the throne. Because of which, he refused to join the ceremony for his nephew's birth.
- Tricked Simba into going to Elephant Graveyard so that the hyenas would murder him and didn't care once Nala was in danger as well.
- Abuses the hyenas throughout his song and even kills one of them by forcing him/her through a crack of lava.
- Tricked Simba again into staying in a gorge where he created a stampede and told Mufasa about it so that they both would get trampled to death.
- Killed his own older brother Mufasa once the latter asked for his help by tossing him into the wildebeest stampede to be trampled and killed merely to gain power and pleasure.
- Fooled Simba into believing he was responsible for Mufasa's death and telling him to run away and never return, then ordered the hyenas to kill him.
- Although he says that the Hyena Clan were his friends, Scar actually doesn't care about them and he just used and Manipulated them as his minions for killing Mufasa, Simba and being the new king to invade the Pride Lands.
- Nearly destroyed the Pride Lands by breaking the Circle of Life without caring about their lives, causing damage and death to spread beyond the horizon, including near the whole ecosystem and downfall.
- Shows no concern for his pride's well being, and doesn’t bother to take on responsibilities a king should do.
- Not caring that the hyenas were starving, despite promising them an endless supply of food.
- Threatened to murder anyone who mentioned Mufasa's name, especially those who compared his older brother to him.
- When the hyenas came to him for food he didn't help and told them to get out.
- In the musical, he tried to rape Nala so she could give birth to his cubs to carry his legacy.
- When Sarabi tried to convince Scar that their pride had to leave Pride Rock to find food for themselves, rather than admitting his own incompetence as a king, he stubbornly refuses despite knowing they would eventually starve to death and then backhanding Sarabi for comparing him to Mufasa.
- Kept Simba from fighting back by continuing to put blame on him for Mufasa's death and attempts to murder him the same way he did his brother, but not before bragging to Simba about murdering his father, which ultimately backfired.
- Cowardly attempted to shift the blame on the hyenas when cornered by Simba, effectively betraying them.
- Hypocritically used the excuse that he is family to convince Simba to spare his life, even though he murdered his own brother and attempted to kill Simba.
- After Simba chose not to kill Scar and instead send him into exile, Scar attacked him unfairly by by pretending to walk away before throwing burning embers into his eyes so he'd have the advantage.
- When cornered by the hyenas, who overheard his treacherous words, he attempted to talk his way out of it, once again begging for his life as he was about to get eaten alive.
- Has gained a legacy so bad that all the Pridelanders, including the newborn family members, all hate and despise him. This caused Kovu, who had nothing to do with Scar's crimes, to be despised for simply being chosen as his heir.
- He is responsible for Zira becoming the evil lioness she is.
- After he is successfully summoned from the grave, he sends his army to turn the Pride Lands into chaos and unrest to reclaim it.
- Tried to have the Lion Guard killed many times, not caring that they are young children.
- Has become less forgiving of failure to the point where his whole army (except Ushari) fears him.
- Tricked Kiburi into trying to murder Simba by having him think he can rule The Pride Lands instead.
- Ordered Janja's clan to crush Beshte to death using boulders.
- Ordered Sumu to assassinate Simba, then tried to kill the Lion Guard at the volcano to let Simba die.
- Had Kilio Valley burnt to the ground.
- Attempted to dry up the Pride Lands' water supply by sending his minions to block the river above Hakuna Matata Falls.
- Tried to have his army trick a gorialla into causing chaos in the Pridelands.
- When he met Simba again as a ghost, he insulted him by calling him "naïve", reminding him how easily he fooled Simba in the past. He then listed all the places in the Pride lands that he took over before breaking Simba's spirit, saying that soon the Pride will belong to him once again.
- Almost caused the Pridelanders to run away in panic once he revealed himself to them.
- Attempted to murder Janja's Clan by burning them alive when the hyena thought of leaving him and joining Jasiri in order to be not killed by them like their ancestors did.
- Wanted to turn the Pride Lands into a lifeless wasteland as revenge for his defeat.
- Tried to trick his grand-nephew Kion to use the Roar of the Elders on a volcano so it will cause an eruption that will devastate the Pride Lands and slay many animals in the process.
- Had Ushari scar Kion at his left eye, which is the same area Scar was given his scar, so that he could drive Kion into a path of evil, as it happened to him.
- Even when forgiven by Kion, Scar tries to break his spirit by calling the Roar a "curse".
- His evil actions are implied to have caused Simba to be afflicted with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and make him overprotective of his daughter, Kiara, in the sequel and almost turned him into a villain as well.
- Though he does have some comedic moments, his actions are still played 100% seriously in-universe.
- Scar is the first Disney Pure Evil to be related to the protagonist, with the second being King Runeard from Frozen II.
- He is so far one of the only Pure Evils to appear on a preschool program, which surprised many as while he is undeniably Pure Evil in the film, Scar's evil managed to increase by attempting to burn down the Pride Lands, kill his entire family, try to have Janja, his own minion, killed for betrayal by being burnt alive, and have Ushari scar Kion and have his venom slowly turn him evil.
- He is also the first Disney Pure Evil villain to appear in a preschool program, followed by Cahu from Elena of Avalor
- Scar is easily the most evil villain in the The Lion King franchise as most villains redeem (like Janja and the Outsiders), are taken comically (like Nuka or Shenzi, Banzai and Ed) or have noble goals. While Scar does have an excuse for becoming evil due to a combination of being jealous of Mufasa being king, being bitten by the Strange Cobra and then being nicknamed by Mufasa, he goes far past what this justifies not just by outright murdering Mufasa, but trying to kill his nephew Simba when he was only a child, making him think he was responsible for Mufasa's death, and wanting to turn the Pride Lands into a wasteland without life as revenge for his demise. Additionally, the venom is only shown to bring out the bite victim's darker instincts and desires and Scar had already wanted to overthrow Mufasa before he got his scar. He is also the only The Lion King Villain to be pure evil, along with his remake incarnation.
- Scar at the Villains wiki
- Scar at the Unpublished Villains Wiki wiki
- Scar at the VS Battles Wiki wiki
- Scar at the Disney wiki
- Scar at the The Lion King wiki
- Scar at the The Lion Guard wiki
- Scar at the Hate Sink wiki
Other Animated Movies