|“||Did you truly believe you could defeat me? You overestimate yourself. You no longer serve any purpose. Even your Metroid DNA is no longer necessary. Do you want to know why? It is now because I can clone an army of the most powerful Metroid of all... Samus Aran. No one can stand in my way, not even you. Foolish daughter... Leave the galaxy to me. Close your eyes and rest. Power... is everything.||„|
|~ Raven Beak tormenting Samus Aran as he strangles her.|
|“||You have followed my instructions faithfully so far. Continue to do so. It's that simple. I consider your performance here on ZDR highly satisfactory. As I hoped, it has even awakened your Metroid powers. I was right to let you live during our first encounter. That one glimpse you showed told me everything. Submit and offer up your power. My plan is the only way to bring order to the galaxy. Fulfill your destiny, Samus. This is an order. Disobedience will not be tolerated.||„|
|~ Raven Beak posing as ADAM, moments before being exposed.|
|“||You disappoint me... my daughter.||„|
|~ Raven Beak revealing his parentage to Samus Aran when the latter refuses to serve him.|
Ashkar Behek ("Raven Beak" in Chozo) is one of the overarching antagonists (along with Mother Brain) of the Metroid franchise, serving as the main antagonist of Metroid Dread.
He is the Chozo leader of the Mawkin Tribe, the overseer of Planet ZDR, and the supervisor of the Chozo scientist Quiet Robe, whom he took captive. He is also one of Samus Aran's genetic donors and adoptive father, which contributed to her physical prowess.
He plots to amass an army of Metroids cloned from Samus, and use them to conquer the entire galaxy, having slaughtered the Thoha Tribe in the past for objecting to his plans.
He is voiced by Dave Rogers Ruiz.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Raven Beak's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- After he and the Mawkin helped the Thoha imprison the Metroids under Planet SR388, Raven Beak devised a plan to utilise them to take over the entire galaxy. When the Thoha objected to this, he had the entire tribe slaughtered, only sparing Quiet Robe because he had knowledge about controlling the Metroids.
- He plotted to bring back the Metroids so he could form an army of them and use them to rule the galaxy with an iron fist.
- He feeds Chozo prisoners to the Burenia Maw, potentially because he has little tolerance for any defiance toward his orders.
- He hijacks the E.M.M.I. robots and programs them to kill Samus, despite viewing her as his daughter because he was one of her genetic donors.
- He keeps Kraid chained up and tortured whilst being partially submerged in lava.
- He lures Samus to his planet using footage of an X Parasite and the absence of the E.M.M.I. robots, then strangles her into unconsciousness and drains her abilities, despite viewing her as his daughter. He only chooses to let her live so that she can develop her Metroid powers.
- He has Quiet Robe killed by a Robot Chozo Soldier in front of Samus after he reveals his backstory to her.
- He releases the X Parasites from their containment despite knowing how dangerous they are. This results in them infecting all creatures across the planet apart from Samus, including Quiet Robe's corpse, and could potentially lead to them leaving the planet and causing a galactic plague.
- During his final battle with Samus, he painfully drained her of almost all her energy whilst taunting her and would have killed her if the Metroid DNA inside her body hadn't kicked in.