|“||It started the second he ran through these streets. There was a flash of a lightning from beyond, followed by a thousand thunderous footsteps. His strides ushered in a new age of those that would shatter the speed of sound, light and time. Those that would race down the same road he did, enforcing his archaic sense of justice. This man refused to believe the line between good and evil blurred like the scarlet and gold he wore. It was a simple fact to Barry Allen. You were guilty -- or you were not guilty. You were wrong about many things, Barry. Guilty or not guilty? Everyone is guilty. Death is never the end. And lightning always strikes twice.||„|
|“||You hurt me. Like you hurt everyone, Flash. And I'm going to keep taking people from you until you learn to make time for the people who matter in your life. Maybe then you'd finally see who your real friends are.||„|
|~ Reverse-Flash to Flash.|
Professor Eobard Thawne, also known as Professor Zoom and the Reverse-Flash, is a major villain from DC Comics and the arch-nemesis of Barry Allen, the second iteration of the Flash. He is one of the two main antagonists of the Flash franchise, alongside Gorilla Grodd.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Although the Pre-Flashpoint version of Thawne’s origins are genuinely tragic (His birth was all part of a protocol rather than out of being desired, being berated and neglected by his parents mostly in favor of his younger brother in his childhood, being raised to live up to the expectations of the shallow, superficial, strict and regimented society he lived in during his era, wasting years of research on unlocking the secrets of the Speed Force, and finally going mad upon discovering that he was destined to be mortal enemies with the Flash rather than his best friend and then resulting in being imprisoned by him to suffer which caused him to become vengeful towards the flash), he is still far past it since his descent into madness fueled his arrogant, callous, sadistic and unstable nature that enacts his crimes which are so heinous and despicable that they nullify any tragedy and misfortune he went through.
- He has done untold damage to the timeline by changing key events party to his life.
- When his brother Robern tried to confiscate Eobard's illegal research on the speed force and arrest him, his future self restrained his brother and prevented him from ever being born (thus indirectly killing him; albeit they shared an abysmal brotherly relationship because Robern was a terrible and obnoxious brother and a spoiled child, he didn't deserve it) to leave the present-day Eobard to grow up as an only child and focus more on his research on the Speed Force.
- Secondly his future self manipulated the timeline to cause his parents to die in an accident (also killing them) to prevent them from intervening with his work as well, thus leaving the present-day Eobard as an orphan.
- Thirdly, he lobotomized a woman he fell in love with (although he might've had genuine feelings this also could've been simply a perverted obsession) solely for rejecting him and not reciprocating his feelings.
- And fourthly, he killed her fiancé (and possibly all of her previous dating partners) just to have her. All of these heinous acts and orchestrated tragedies done by Eobard's future self were to pragmatically eliminate loose ends to allow himself in the present day to create his own origin story, however none of them ever fazed the present day Eobard and kept doing his research on the speed force, thus demonstrating how obsessed he is with the speed force and becoming the Flash that he has lost his sanity and callous towards those who get in his way.
- He has committed horrible acts against Barry Allen's life and his loved ones since he was a child (repeatedly and continually taunts and torments him for his own sadistic amusement) in revenge after being rejected by him and sent to jail to suffer.
- He murdered Barry’s mother Nora Allen and incriminated his father Henry Allen for it to ruin his life.
- He killed Iris West by vibrating his hand through her head. He also tried to kill Fiona Webb in the same manner, forcing Barry to snap his neck.
- In Flash: Rebirth, he killed Johnny Quick and tried to murder Wally's children in front of their mother.
- In Flashpoint, while he wasn't directly responsible for the world's destruction, he refused to let Barry rewind time and fix it out of sheer sadism and spite, even if it meant that he would die too.
- He tried to kill Iris again.
- He murdered Godspeed's brother, before killing Godspeed.
- He gave the Clown the gun used to cripple Hunter Zolomon, thus turning him into Zoom.