|“||It started the second he ran through these streets. There was a flash of a lightning from beyond, followed by a thousand thunderous footsteps. His strides ushered in a new age of those that would shatter the speed of sound, light and time. Those that would race down the same road he did, enforcing his archaic sense of justice. This man refused to believe the line between good and evil blurred like the scarlet and gold he wore. It was a simple fact to Barry Allen. You were guilty -- or you were not guilty. You were wrong about many things, Barry. Guilty or not guilty? Everyone is guilty. Death is never the end. And lightning always strikes twice.||„|
|~ Professor Zoom|
|“||You hurt me. Like you hurt everyone, Flash. And I'm going to keep taking people from you until you learn to make time for the people who matter in your life. Maybe then you'd finally see who your real friends are.||„|
|~ Professor Zoom to Barry Allen.|
Professor Eobard Thawne, also known as Professor Zoom and the Reverse-Flash, is a major villain from DC Comics and the arch-nemesis of Barry Allen, the second iteration of the Flash. He is one of the two main antagonists of the Flash franchise, alongside Gorilla Grodd.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He stalked Barry during his childhood, with the sole intent of making him miserable. He even killed his mother Nora and framed his father Henry for it.
- His future self killed his own brother and parents simply for trying to confiscate his research thus leaving the present-day Eobard Thawne as a orphan without caring for their deaths and continued doing his work.
- He lobotomized a woman he was attracted to solely for not reciprocating his feelings.
- He killed Iris West by vibrating his hand through her head. He also tried to kill Fiona Webb in the same manner, forcing Barry to snap his neck.
- He continually taunts and torments the Flash for his own sadistic amusement.
- In Flash: Rebirth, he killed Johnny Quick and tried to murder Wally's children in front of their mother.
- In Flashpoint, while he wasn't directly responsible for the world's destruction, he refused to let Barry rewind time and fix it out of sheer sadism and spite, even if it meant that he would die too.
- He tried to kill Iris again.
- He murdered Godspeed's brother, before killing Godspeed.
- He gave the Clown the gun used to cripple Hunter Zolomon, thus turning him into Zoom.
- While reverse-flash does have an excuse for becoming reverse-flash and hating his former idol, the flash his crimes far outweigh it as spending countless time, energy, sacrifices and money on unlocking the secrets of the speed force to achieve his dream and embark on a heroic journey, none of it justifies his crime of destroying the flash’s life.