|“||I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours because it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature!||„|
|~ Poison Ivy|
Poison Ivy is one of the two main antagonists (alongside Mr. Freeze) of the Joel Schumacher film Batman and Robin.
Unlike other incarnations that seemingly cared about her plans, Poison Ivy here is portrayed as a megalomaniacal supervillain who sought to destroy the life of planet Earth and replace it with her own plant creation and rule the world while retaining her seductive personality. To do that, she teamed up with Mr. Freeze in order to enact her plans.
She was played by Uma Thurman.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Poison Ivy (Batman & Robin)'s Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Her Pure Evil?
- Although seemingly killed by the chemicals after Dr. Jason Woodrue tries to kill her on the spot after Isley tries to report to the authorities due to Woodrue's unethical practices, she seemingly doesn't appear affected by it, and embraces her own villainy.
- Deceived Bane into working for her.
- Kills Jason Woodrue with a poisonous kiss, along with the guards, to free Mr. Freeze, and many other innocent men.
- She unplugged the life-support of Nora Fries, killing her, in order to use her death to manipulate Mr. Freeze due his love for his wife.
- Manipulating Mr. Freeze by lying to him that Batman is responsible for his wife's death while it was revealed that she unplugged her life support just to make Mr. Freeze subservient towards her.
- Attempting to wipe out everyone on Earth, alongside Mr. Freeze whom she will kill eventually and Bane, so that she could replace it with her plants. This is the highest any villain in any Batman film went; not even the Joker went that far.
- While she seems to care for her plants, it should be noted that she burns down many of them in the lab with no remorse, proving that she only treats them as tools and plans to wipe out everyone on the planet freezing it (including plant-life) to just satisfy her god complex of only have her plants and her as main existing life-forms and not out of any care for her plants.
- Despite the film's comical tone, Ivy is actually taken seriously by the story as a threat,
- Seduced and made Robin believe she was in love with him, only to kiss him with her poison kiss, then revealed he was about to die, only to attempt to drown him when Robin tricked her by kissing with rubber lips.
- Whilst Batman and Robin might be a joke and not able to be taken seriously, Ivy stick out as serious due to Uma Thurman's performance.
- She is one of the two villains from the Burton/Schumacher Batman tetralogy to be Pure Evil, the other being the Joker.
- She is the only incarnation of Poison Ivy to be Pure Evil and not care about plant life.