|“||Your mother sucks c**ks in hell, Karrass, you faithless slime!||„|
|~ Pazuzu taunting Father Karras.|
Pazuzu is the main antagonist of The Exorcist franchise. It is a powerful demon who was based loosely on a mythological figure native to the Babylonian culture where it was considered the king of wind demons and son of the Babylonian god Hanbi.
It was the main antagonist of the novel, the 1973 film adaptation, and its 1977 sequel Exorcist II: The Heretic, the secondary antagonist of The Exorcist III / Legion and again the main antagonist of the two prequels, Exorcist: The Beginning and Exorcist: Dominion. He also appeared in the 2016 FOX series The Exorcist.
Pazuzu's face was portrayed by Eileen Dietz.
What Makes It Pure Evil?
- Once it's reawakened, it destroys an entire village in Cairo.
- Possessed a handicapped boy and later a hyena upon its exorcism.
- Posed as an imaginary friend named Captain Howdy after Regan played with an Ouija board.
- Possessed Regan, turning her into a hideous vessel for him to mercilessly taunt and abuse those around himself, twisted her into a demonic parody of her former self which included behaviors like vigorous masturbation with a crucifix, demanding people to have sex with her, and yelling sexual insults at people.
- Physically and mentally tortured Regan shortly after possessing her.
- Gave Father Merrin a heart attack during the exorcism.
- Giggled at Merrin's death.
- Possessed Father Karras until he was forced to disperse.
- Transported the soul of the Gemini Killer into Karras for revenge.
- It is revealed in the TV show that it raped Reagan when she was 12.