This Pure Evil was Headlined on August, 2020.
|“||I doubt that I need an introduction, but just in case, I am Junko Enoshima, the True Ultimate Despair... and yes, all the horrible stories you've heard about me are indeed true!||„|
|~ Junko Enoshima.|
Junko Enoshima is the main antagonist of the Danganronpa franchise. A student labeling herself as the Ultimate Fashionista, it is soon revealed that she is the founder of the organization known as "Ultimate Despair", a terrorist organization responsible for "The Worst, Most Despair-Inducing Incident in the History of Mankind" and also the true identity of the bear that oversees the game, Monokuma. A girl who is completely obsessed with despair, Junko is hellbent on causing misery across the world so that she can satiate her sadomasochistic feeling towards the despair that she has caused.
In the English versions of the games, she was voiced by Amanda C. Miller and Erin Fitzgerald.
What Makes Her Pure Evil?
- Due to her boredom as the Ultimate Analyst, she found a new obsession towards causing despair and, to that end, set about completely crushing the concept of hope.
- Nearly caused the entire extinction of humanity.
- She abused and bullied her sister Mukuro Ikusaba. And in the Despair Arc of Danganronpa 3, Junko even tries to kill her own sister multiple times with a knife and a bomb.
- While Junko is capable of caring about others, she ultimately believes that harming people close to her will bring her greater despair and the more she loves them the more she will revel in their despair, for example killing her sister Mukuro and love interest Yasuke, while making them believe that she didn't care about them anymore and abused their dead bodies.
- This is also the reason why she forced her classmates in Class 78th to participate in the Killing Game; she loved them all so she forced them to experience their own despair by her own hand.
- Committed numerous bombings and killings just to satisfy her bloodlust.
- Murdered several of the security guards at Hope's Peak Academy.
- Manipulated the Ultimate Hope, Izuru Kamukura, into aiding her plans by inviting him to a Student Council Killing Game.
- Learned the brainwashing techniques of the Ultimate Animator, Ryota Mitarai, and kidnapped Ultimate Nurse Mikan Tsumiki to turn her into the first Ultimate Despair.
- Forced the Student Council to participate in a sadistic killing game.
- After the killing game is done, 15 students have died while Junko recorded it from behind the scenes. In addition, she uses the recording to incriminate Izuru Kamukura.
- Even if she claimed to love the Warriors of Hope, she actually never loved them and she just manipulated them to kill all the adults and make the Demon Hunting killing game. She also doesn't care about Monaca Towa, even if she did a lot of work with her and called her "Big Sis Junko".
- Leaked the video of the First Killing Game onto the internet, which drove the students of Hope's Peak Academy to madness and resulted on them staging a violent revolution.
- Gave the kind-hearted Chisa Yukizome a lobotomy in order to turn her into an Ultimate Despair.
- Used the despair-filled Mikan and Chisa Yukizome to lure Class 77-B into her lair, where she converted them all into Ultimate Despairs by having them watch their class representative, Ultimate Gamer Chiaki Nanami, be tortured to death in an extremely gruesome manner.
- After using the brainwashed Reserve Course students to murder the Main Course students, she used the suicide video to brainwash the Reserve Course to commit suicide to find them useless and to feel despair.
- She seems to only love Monokuma as she likes hugging him. However, she just used Monokuma as a mere puppet more than the only thing she loves the most.
- She soon wiped her classmates' memories and killed the headmaster in order to instigate a killing game and create despair.
- Told the students that she will harm their loved ones if they don't start killing each other.
- Murdered her own sister in order to make an example out of her and to feel despair herself.
- Warned the students about her gaining their secrets and planning to expose them, leading to another murder.
- Used wealth to blind Celestia into murdering for her dreams.
- Exposed Sakura Ogami's secret in order to turn everyone against her, and forced her to commit murder in order to continue the killing game, causing Sakura to commit suicide.
- Before killing herself at the end of the Class Trial, she made one last attempt to make the surviving members of Class 78th fall into despair by saying that the air was deadly and saying that their loved ones were gone (although she failed thanks to Makoto Naegi).
- Although she kills herself in the end, it's not out of honor to keep her word but just so she could feel despair.
- Despite having several moments were she makes jokes and has laughable personalities, none of those detract from her actions and she is still taken seriously in-universe. Besides, those moments are to make clear how extremely crazy she is.
- It is a canon fact that Junko actually cares for her classmates and her sister, yet her way to show love is through despair and abuse, not allowing this to be a redeeming quality.
- She, Kanade Otonokoji and Sir MonoHat are the only Danganronpa Pure Evils.
- Junko is the only Pure Evil in Danganronpa canon.
- Junko Enoshima on the Danganronpa Wiki
- Junko Enoshima on the Villains Wiki
- Junko Enoshima on the Vs Battles Wiki