|“||Jack? Jack is dead, my friend. You can call me… Joker! And as you can see, I'm a lot happier.||„|
|~ The Joker taking up his new identity.|
|“||Tell me something, my friend. You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? I always ask that of all my prey. I just like the sound of it.||„|
|~ The Joker's most infamous quote.|
Jack Napier, later known as The Joker, is the main antagonist of the Burton/Schumacher Batman quadrilogy, serving as the main antagonist of the 1989 movie Batman and the posthumous overarching antagonist of its sequels.
He is a criminal supervillain and the archenemy of Batman, as well as his parents' murderer.
He was portrayed by Jack Nicholson.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Murdered Bruce Wayne’s parents and tried to shoot him when he was a boy, only sparing him when the police were coming.
- Murdered Lt Eckhart.
- Murdered his mob boss, Carl Grissom, after he was betrayed and then murdered the mafia higher ups to take control of the crime syndicate.
- Mixed his deadly Smylex gas into everyday items, causing a string of deaths on unsuspecting innocents.
- Disrespects Alica Hunt a lot for no reason even though Alica is nothing but nice to him.
- Gassed an entire museum full of people, sparing Vicki Vale, so he can "improve art" by vandalizing paintings and statues and just so he and Vicki can have some "alone time."
- In Vicki's art, he found the most pleasure and twisted love in the skull art and told her with pride that he is the first homicidal artist.
- Attempted to scar Vicki by spraying acid from his trick flower onto her face.
- Took advantage of Gotham City’s 200th anniversary celebration by baiting citizens with free money just so he can gather them up and gas them with Smylex for his own amusement.
- Tried to send Batman and Vicki Vale falling to their deaths from the top of Gotham City Cathedral, even nearly succeeding with Vicki when he acted like he was going to help her up, only to "lend her a hand" by giving her a trick hand, almost causing her to plummet had Batman not helped her back up.
- While Poison Ivy attempted to wipe out all life on Earth with her fellow plant creations, the Joker still stands out due to his fewer resources.
- He is one of only two villains from the Burton/Schumacher Batman tetralogy to be Pure Evil, the other being Poison Ivy.
- While he is somewhat comical and cartoony like the Caesar Romaro Joker, he is presented as very dark, and his crimes, especially his murder of Bruce's parents, are taken very seriously, separating him from the 60s version of the character and making him one of the most evil incarnations.
- In fact, Nicholson's Joker has the highest kill count of any live-action Joker. Nicholson's Joker kills 50 people while Heath Ledger's Joker kills 36 people.
- While his "commercial" for his Joker products was for attention, they may also have served as a warning to people who were going to buy them or had bought them but not used them yet.
- He is the only live-action incarnation of Joker to die.