|“||Welcome to the madhouse, Batman! I set a trap, and you sprang it gloriously! Now let’s get this party started!||„|
|~ The Joker to Batman at Arkham Asylum.|
|“||You of all people should know — there's nothing so CRUEL as MEMORY. The pointy, bitey little THUNDERBOLTS. Unwanted party crashers, SCREAMING through your synapses. Inescapable, unrelenting… not at all friendly. You can't even escape into MADNESS! And then you meet someone who changes your life — and you feel that you don't even know who you are anymore. Isn't it funny how one little encounter can CLEAVE off little pieces of your past, DEFORM your memories and persona until you rethink your whole identity — and as you realize how foolish it all is — your LAUGHTER reverberates off the walls of your own emptiness.||„|
|~ The Joker explaining his views to Dr. Harleen Quinzel - his most famous qoute.|
The Joker is the main antagonist of the Batman: Arkham series, appearing as one of the primary threats in all four games. He is the most nefariously insane criminal mastermind in all of Gotham City. He is also the arch-nemesis of Batman.
In Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight, he was voiced by Mark Hamill, who also played him in the DC Animated Universe, Malefor in The Legend of Spyro, Colonel Muska in Castle in the Sky, Ozai in Avatar: The Last Airbender, Maltruant in Ben 10: Omniverse, The Trickster in The Flash and Kavaxas in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012). In Batman: Arkham Origins, Arkham Origins Blackgate and Batman: Assault on Arkham, he was voiced by Troy Baker, who also voiced Shinnok in Mortal Kombat, Gul'dan in World of Warcraft, Kul Teska in Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes, Van Kleiss in Generator Rex and Simon Krieger in Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Throughout the entire series, he has tried to make Batman break his code in many ways multiple times.
- He routinely murders, tortures, and experiments on his henchmen along with threatening their family members, for their failures or just because it amused him.
- He emotionally and physically abuses Harley, at one point saying that he considers abusing her a personal hobby.
- He came to Barbara Gordon's house and shot her through the spine, paralyzing her.
- The Gotham City Story "The Fall" reveals that Joker kidnapped and slaughtered an entire kindergarten to provoke Jason Todd, resulting in the deaths of dozens, if not hundreds of children. He then mutilated the children and sewed their corpses back together at random and sent them back to the crime scene as crude parodies of themselves before taunting the mourning and distraught parents and singing nursery rhymes over a PA system as they struggled to identify their children. This was the act of crime that made Jason Todd finally decide that Joker had to die.
- Afterward, he captured and tortured Jason Todd for an entire year, manipulating him into thinking that Batman abandoned him for another protégé, before seemingly shooting and killing him. He filmed all of this and then sent it to Batman, to hurt him in the most personal level possible. This eventually resulted in Jason becoming the Arkham Knight.
- In the Iceberg Lounge, he poured acid on a waitress just because she accidentally spilled some drink on him. Even the Penguin was angered by this act and banned him from entering his lounge.
- He and Harley Quinn pretended to be kind businessman and then had Edward Burke's 5-year-old daughter Katie experimented on, sending her into the care of Dr. Penelope Young and thus dooming her to a painful horrific death via TITAN. After prescribing pills to Edward that made him painfully laugh to death (after he was promised it'd kill him quickly), Joker and Harley took over his carnival.
- Hijacked Black Mask’s organization and used his influence to torture and murder innocent people, as well as to murder all of Roman Sionis' loyal henchmen. He even forced Black Mask to kill his own girlfriend.
- Tortured Warden Joseph by burning his eye with a cigar so that he could gain access to Blackgate, an act which left Joseph permanetly blind in one eye.
- Freed Calendar Man and saved him from execution so that Calendar Man would owe him, he would then go on to murder Judge Harkness, meaning Joker enabled him to do so.
- Betrayed and killed Commissioner Loeb, even though he helped him.
- As Black Mask, he sends 8 assassins to go after Batman and kill him.
- Infected the Gotham Merchants Bank owner with his Joker toxin and then killed her with an explosion.
- Killed Electrocutioner for failing to kill Batman and for simply looking at his phone during the meeting.
- Had parts of Gotham wired with explosives and blew up one building right in front of Batman, although he revealed that the building was simply a construction site that was blocking his view. He then attempted to blow up another building that was populated.
- Tried to kill Bane when he was escaping rather than finishing the job.
- Before getting arrested, he killed two of his henchmen for no reason, while saying that they've done very "bad things" just so he could give Batman a reason to kill him.
- Drove Dr. Harleen Quinzel insane to be his hen-wench.
- Started a riot at Blackgate Prison in an attempt to escape.
- In order to make Batman break his rule, he strapped a heartrate monitor to Bane's chest so that every time his heart beats, the electric chair Joker is sitting in charges until it kills him, in addition to this, he rigs the heart monitor to explode if Batman tries removing it. Once Gordon interferes, Joker placed an electrode on his head with the hopes of killing him too.
A Matter of Family
- He killed one of his henchmen by shooting him and then throwing him in the ocean for debatable reason (Making a pass at Harley, Talking about Batman to Joker, etc.)
- Kidnapped Commissioner Gordon and threatened to kill him if Batman arrived, forcing both Batgirl (aka Barbara Gordon) and Robin (aka Tim Drake) to go after him.
- He also took some hostages and placed explosives around the oil rig where he is holding the Commissioner and the other hostages.
- Showed no empathy at all when he threatened to kill Harley Quinn if the police arrested him.
- Faked his surrender in order usurp Warden Quincy Sharp and take control over Arkham Asylum. He freed many prisons to do his bidding (such as Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Bane and Victor Zsasz).
- He sets Bane up to be tortured by informing Penelope Young of the TITAN formula and having her use him as a test subject.
- He showed Dr. Penelope Young a picture of a dead baby to provoke her into creating the TITAN formula. This shows that he is pure evil no matter what and has no remorse for anything.
- Staged a hostile breakout in Arkham Asylum, resulting in the deaths of many Arkham guards.
- Betrayed and murdered Officer Frank Boles when he felt he was no longer useful.
- Kills Penelope Young by rigging Warden Sharp's safe to explode after attempted to help Batman stop Joker's plot. Beforehand, he attempted to goad Victor Zsasz into killing Dr. Young while she was being held hostage by him.
- Unleashes the psychotic lunatics upon Arkham Asylum, which results in many of his henchmen being killed by the crazed lunatics.
- Uninvites Harley Quinn to the "party" out of spite when she failed to kill Batman.
- When a henchman finishes setting up a bomb on a vantage point, Joker detonates it despite the henchman still being near it.
- Attempts to turn Jim Gordon into a TITAN monster, which would have resulted in his death in the long-term.
- At his "party", he captures and tortures Jim Gordon while fighting Batman.
- Plotted the creation of a TITAN army so he could unleash them on Gotham and kill thousands.
- Poisoned thousands of civilians across Gotham and Batman with his TITAN infected blood to force Batman to find the cure as quick as possible.
- Planned to kill Catwoman to show the city who is boss.
- Captured Mister Freeze's wife, Nora Fries, and even stole some of his equipment and locked it up in the boiler room.
- Murdered hundreds of Penguin's men and coerced the survivors into joining him,
- Tried to kill Vicki Vale by shooting down her helicopter with a bazooka.
- Murdered Talia al Ghul in front of Batman to get his cure and later gloats over her death.
- Tried to use the Lazarus Pit to become immortal, but failed when Batman destroyed it.
- In a last ditch effort to retrieve his cure, he tried to kill Batman by stabbing him in the shoulder.
Arkham City: Endgame
- After his death, he had his henchmen rig a radio tower within Arkham City to broadcast a message all over Gotham confirming his death as well as offering a reward of over a million dollars to the person who manages to find his corpse and deliver it to Harley Quinn, as a way to ensure that the entire town would tear itself apart.
- It is revealed that after his death, he had rigged fireworks with Joker toxin to serve as one last act of villainy after he died, which killed hundreds of Gotham citizens.
- Throughout the game, he repeatedly taunts Batman over his failures, such as failing to save Jason Todd and Talia, as well as gloating over his own past crimes.
- Tried to drive Batman insane posthumously through hallucinations of him which is triggered by both Scarecrow's fear toxin and the blood he put to poison Batman, so it is actually the Joker trying to drive Batman insane and not the fear toxin.
- He further repeatedly sabotages Batman's efforts to stop Scarecrow and causes Batman to be exposed to fear toxin, weakening Batman's mind and allowing him to slowly take over, which is shown to be evident as he beats Scarecrow's Militia guards to near death.
- Used his blood to influence the receivers into becoming an aspect of himself, thus corrupting them and turning them evil.
- In these hallucinations, he convinced Batman that Barbara was dead and it was all his fault, which made him guilt-ridden and caused Gordon and Robin to temporarily turn against him.
- In one of these hallucinations, he sadistically murdered Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face and Killer Croc. He even murdered a police officer that Riddler was holding hostage, showing that hostage threats do not work on him and that he will kill them regardless. After that, he planned on completely taking over Batman's body and using his equipment to cause mass destruction across Gotham.
|Arkhamverse Pure Evils|