This Pure Evil was Headlined on November, 2021.
|“||Your soul will fall shackled to the horror... of an infinite nightmare!||„|
|~ Invictus to Gary Goodspeed.|
|“||Join me, and burn this universe to nothingness, so that all of us can begin... again.||„|
|~ Invictus telling its plan to Ash Graven.|
Invictus is the main antagonist of the 2018 animated science-fantasy TV series Final Space, serving as the unseen overarching antagonist of Season 1 and the main antagonist of the second and third seasons.
It is the leader of the Titans as well as the one who corrupted each and every single one of them (except Bolo), also being responsible for opening the breach in Final Space and empowering the Lord Commander and Ash Graven, as well being the latter's archenemy-turned-master.
It is voiced by Vanessa Marshall.
What Makes It Pure Evil?
- Although it is this series' version of Satan and has seemingly always been evil from when it first made itself known, there is no proof it is made out of evil nor has no moral agency. It's also implied that Invictus is fully aware that what it's doing is evil, despite being an eldritch being.
- It corrupted and brainwashed the Titans. When it was sent into Final Space alongside them after being defeated by Bolo, it imprisoned him out of spite.
- Every single Gary Goodspeed that landed in Final Space was killed by Invictus and left to rot in Final Space.
- In every timeline, it has the Titans pull Earth into Final Space that kills most of the population and bringing humanity to near extinction to grow its Titan army. This caused Todd H. Watson's fall to darkness in the main timeline.
- Despite the Lord Commander's own hand in becoming evil, Invictus is the underlying factor in his corruption, with the blast from Final Space during its attempt to escape gave Jack his powers and caused his transition into the Lord Commander being its doing. It is heavily implied Invictus knew of this or that it was intentional, since it calls Lord Commander its "child" the same way it calls Ash.
- Said attempt to escape caused the death of John Goodspeed, father of Gary Goodspeed, who sacrificed himself to close the breach.
- It also gave Ash Graven her powers when she was about to be sacrificed to Werthrent, which led to Ash killing everyone that was there to witness it, including her own parents.
- After resurrecting the Lord Commander, it ordered him to find Mooncake so Invictus can escape its prison and consume life across all dimensions.
- It possessed Gary and, using his body, tried to kill Avocato and Little Cato.
- Later, it possesses Avocato and manipulates him by saying that Gary stole Little Cato from him, which makes Avocato disown Little Cato after he's shot by him to save Gary.
- Avocato later states in Season 3 that the experience was painful for him as he was aware of what was happening.
- It set up a trap so the Team Squad will be trapped in Final Space, all so Invictus can kill them.
- Possessed the countless deceased alternate versions of Gary to kill everyone in the Team Squad.
- Later episodes show that the Garys are at least partially aware during all of this.
- It has imprisoned countless people in chains on floating rocks so Invictus can become more powerful using them as vessels.
- It's also shown that all the victims are still alive and in pain.
- It later did the same to Fox, devouring him and using his body as a vessel to manipulate ash.
- Any sort of care or honor it had towards the Lord Commander is subverted when it outright states it shouldn't have trusted him in capturing Mooncake.
- It taunts Ash by calling her a "poor girl" when she points out that Invictus killed Fox (although not before correcting that Fox is still alive).
- It painfully aged up Ash to an adult, restored her powers and possibly made her even more powerful even though she didn't want it.
- It temporarily corrupted Bolo and made him go insane so it, inside Fox's body, could enter the Chamber of Doubt and wait there for Ash.
- It further manipulated Ash as Fox by making him say that Gary is the enemy.
- It possessed Gary's robotic arm and impaled Fox with it, abandoning his corpse and letting him die for good, making it seem like Gary killed Fox, in front of Ash's eyes.
- Slowly losing its patience, Invictus possesses another zombie Gary and chokes the Lord Commander with its powers before ordering him to invade Earth, warning that he will meet the fate of the others who failed it, once again subverting any care or honor.
- Its wording implies it tried to kill the Lord Commander when he announced that he has something else in plans.
- It launched a full-scale invasion of Earth while possessing multiple zombie Garys. Moments before the planet was destroyed, the zombies killed Kevin Van Newton.
- It sent out many Titans after the Lord Commander once he became a Titan in an attempt to remind him who it is after he betrayed it.
- It invaded the Team Squad's ship using the Zombie Garys, during which it put HUE off-line, injured Sheryl and Little Cato, and almost brainwashed Ash into joining it.
- It is partly responsible for why Ash betrayed the Team Squad, as its murder of Fox and Ash blaming Gary for it made her see Gary as a murderer like Avocato.
- It sent out one final Zombie Gary attack at Gary and Little Cato.
- It imprisoned the Lord Commander with the intentions of having him suffer for all eternity.
- Although Lord Commander deserved it for everything he has done, it still gave him a fate worse than death.
- The Lord Commander himself has at least some comedic moments, or is a part of many comedic moments (while still taken seriously in-universe). Everything about Invictus is played dead seriously, lacking any of those two.