|“||Stop right there, Batman! We need to talk, and I know you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if your actions caused this poor man to die. I have a question for you. Before my arrival, this city was drowning under a tide of filth. Had you ever considered that all this is your fault? Your presence creates these animals. Like germs they spread. You created the environment that allowed the germ to mutate, to become stronger. Look at the Joker. Would he even exist if not for you? It must be depressing: all your sacrifices and yet you are the one to blame! Oh, this is beautiful! We have at long last defeated the great Batman! Soon, I will take my rightful place at my Master's side. We will rule over this world...so thank you, Batman, for all your help. Now...KILL HIM!||„|
|~ Strange's speech to Batman.|
|“||As we move into the final stage of Protocol Ten, I would like to congratulate all TYGER forces on this wonderful achievement. As I look at the screens in front of me I can see that we are rapidly approaching fatalities of 22%. My projections show that within three hours, every single inmate of Arkham City will be dead and Protocol Ten will move into stage two. By the end of the month, new camps in Keystone and Metropolis will open; each modeled after Arkham City. You should all be proud of your part in this. We are the solution this world needs. We are the future!||„|
|~ Strange's recapping the overall stages for Protocol 10.|
Professor Hugo Strange is a major antagonist in the Batman: Arkham series, serving as a cameo antagonist in Batman: Arkham Asylum, one of the three main antagonists (alongside Ra's al Ghul and the Joker) of Batman: Arkham City, a major antagonist in its Catwoman Episodes, a mentioned character in Batman: Arkham Origins and a posthumous antagonist in Batman: Arkham Knight.
He was a former psychologist at Arkham Asylum who experimented on the patients before becoming the warden of Arkham City and a secret servant of the eco-terrorist supervillain Ra's al Ghul. In his intention to create a legacy superior to Batman's, Strange plotted to prove himself as Ra's worthy successor by eradicating all criminal life in Gotham City and construct many mega-prisons across the Earth in order to be seen as a hero by the entire world.
He was voiced by Corey Burton, who also voiced Brainiac in the DC Animated Universe, Brainiac 1.0 in Legion of Super Heroes, Megatron in Transformers: Animated, V.V. Argost in The Secret Saturdays and the Galalunan Commander in Sym-Bionic Titan.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- During his years at Arkham Asylum, he experimented on many of Arkham's inmates, lobotomizing and torturing them before leaving them to die in their cells.
- In order to study Jervis Tech's techniques, Strange exploited his mental illness by kidnapping multiple innocent women (or "Alice's") for him to kill and possibly rape, in exchange for lessons in mind control.
- To ensure Arkham City would be approved by the public, he hired the Trask twins to kill Two-Face and attack a press conference being given by Quincy Sharp. After the duo were defeated by Batman, Strange activated their powers and made them explode themselves, killing 300 innocent civilians along with the twins.
- Manipulated Mayor Quincy Sharp into building Arkham City, a super prison which houses gang wars, murders, and rapes. Strange would employ Tech's techniques by driving Quincy Sharp into violent insanity, making him believe that he was the asylum's deranged founder Amadeus Arkham, and would go on to let him horribly murder and torture many of Arkham's inmates.
- Manipulating other inmates into attacking people by providing weapons secretly.
- Threatened other villains’ loved ones so they would be at his service. Many of them aren't even evil itself, which proves Hugo Strange is truly a delusional hypocrite who doesn't care about ridding crime from the world but just wants to boost his ego.
- Brainwashed and tortured each and every TYGER guard into being his loyal slaves who were willing to die for him, and frequently sent them to kill Batman, and had them tortured to death when they failed.
- Had TYGER hold Catwoman's adopted daughter Holly Robinson at gun point to force Catwoman to hold an interview with him.
- Promised to cure Victor Fries' wife Nora, only to capture her and hand her over to the Joker while blaming Freeze for it.
- In that same interview, when Freeze asked if Strange knew what it felt like to really, really love someone, he coldly answered "no" in return, proving Strange has never, ever cared about anyone but himself.
- Took Two-Face's coin and replaced it with one of his own just to mentally torture him.
- Gave the Penguin a shipment of Arkham Asylum's lunatics so he could use them as live target practice.
- Handed over Mister Freeze to Penguin. He also gave Penguin a list of infiltrate GCPD agents in his crew.
- Arranged for Catwoman to steal from Two-Face which resulted in a false trial and ordered TYGER not to intervene which would have likely had Catwoman killed.
- Tortured Bruce Wayne via electrocution and threatened to reveal that he was Batman to the entire world if he tried to stop him.
- Recreated the scene of the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents and left a voice message to psychologically torment him.
- Had innocent political prisoners who had crossed him in any way arrested and put inside Arkham City to be killed by its violent inmates.
- Betrayed Quincy Sharp by throwing him into Arkham City, openly announcing his detainment on a speaker to ensure that Sharp would die a painful death.
- Killed Vincent Garret, his most loyal TYGER guard, once he outlived his usefulness.
- Activating Protocol 10, which involves the TYGER guards wiping out all of the Arkham City inmates, guilty and innocent, including aerial bombardments from helicopters. He also attempted to have the museum destroyed in an attempt to kill the Penguin and his henchmen. Although his plan is foiled by Batman, it still resulted in the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands, of Arkham City's inmates.
- Threatened to have all of Wayne Manor's occupants killed, except for Alfred, who Strange planned to drag through the streets and force him to announce Batman's "failure" to all of the world.
- Held Batman at bay on the threat of executing a hostage, and proceeded to blame Batman for indirectly being the reason why Gotham is a crime-ridden hellhole, and brags about how he will soon prove his superiority to Batman and become Gotham's new hero while seeking take control of the world with his master, then orders his TYGER guards to kill him.
- Planned on opening more mega-prisons similar to Arkham City all across the world in order to systematically and brutally eliminate all crime on Earth and ensure he is viewed as a hero by the entire world.
- When Batman showed him the death and destruction he caused, Strange replied by saying it was glorious.
- Activated Protocol 11 to self-destruct Wonder Tower in an attempt to kill both Batman and Ra’s al Ghul after Ra’s betrayed him. And while his death was gruesome and dishonorable, he totally deserved it for all the horrible things he did.
- It's revealed that after his death, his actions caused Quincy Sharp to have hallucinations of him to the point where he commits suicide in prison.
|Arkhamverse Pure Evils|