|“||I must have missed 60 Minutes.||„|
|~ Hans, to Ellis after the latter promises him he can give him John McClane.|
|“||What was it you said to me before? "Yipee-ki-yay, motherf**ker."||„|
|~ Hans, mocking John right before getting shot out of a window.|
He is the leader of a group of German terrorists who organized the takeover of the Nakatomi Plaza skyscraper in Los Angeles, and the younger brother of Simon Gruber. Hans was a cold-hearted and calculating mastermind with high intelligence.
He was portrayed by the late Alan Rickman, who also played the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Joe from Help! I’m a Fish and Judge Turpin in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Hans Gruber's synopsis at the Villains wiki
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He attempted to murder over 30 hostages by blowing up the roof of the Nakatomi Plaza skyscraper, one of them being a pregnant woman.
- Shows no sympathy for Karl after McClane killed his brother, insisting that the priority is the plan.
- He murdered Joseph Takagi and Harry Ellis in cold blood. Takagi was murdered after he told Hans he was going to have to kill him because he didn’t know the code to the vault. Hans murdered Ellis after he tried to reason with John by using his life and lives of the hostages as bargaining chips for John to surrender.
- He didn't care whatsoever that Karl was still on the roof when he detonated the explosives.
- Held John McClane's wife hostage while trying to escape with the stolen bonds.
- He never cared even about his own brother.
- Hans Gruber is, alongside William Stuart, one of the two Die Hard villains to be Pure Evil.
- Hans Gruber on the Villains Wiki
- Hans Gruber on the Die Hard Wiki
- Hans Gruber on the Unpublished Villains Wiki