|“||A man who sees nothing has no use for his eyes, cut them out and give them to your next outrider. Tell him you hope that four eyes might see better than two ... and if not, the man after him will have six.||„|
|~ Gregor Clegane to a Lannister messenger.|
|“||Elia Martell! I killed her children! Then I raped her! Then I smashed her head in like THIS!||„|
|~ Gregor Clegane to Oberyn Martell while gouging the latter's eyes and crushing his skull in a trial by combat.|
Ser Gregor Clegane, simply known as Gregor Clegane, is a major antagonist from A Song of Ice and Fire and the Game of Thrones TV series.
He is the older brother of Sandor "The Hound" Clegane and is the head of House Clegane which are landed knights and bannermen to House Lannister. Gregor is a freakishly tall and large man, almost eight feet tall, and for this he was often called The Mountain That Rides or simply The Mountain. In the TV show, he served as a major antagonist throughout the series until his final death in combat against his brother Sandor.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He is a sadistic rapist and murderer who has raped murdered and tortured several women and girls for his own amusement.
- At his final moments, he proved that he was never truly loyal to Cersei, threatening her with a menacing look that he'll kill her before she'll prevent him from killing his own brother.
- Abused his brother for most of the childhood, including burning him, and was willing to get killed just to abuse his brother one last time.
- In the books, it is implied that he murdered his younger sister, his father, and his first two wives.
- Murdered Prince Rhaegar's infant son Aegon by dashing his head against a wall. He then raped and murdered Rhaegar's wife, Elia Martell, while with the blood and brains of her child still on his hands.
- While at the Hand's Tourney, he lost the joust to Sir Loras Tyrell, who cheated by riding a mare that distracted his stallion. Gregor beheaded his stallion in a fit of rage, and then attacked and tried to kill Sir Loras before his brother Sandor intervened.
- He and his men gang-raped a brewer's 13 years old daughter.
- During the War of the Five Kings, he terrorized the Riverlands, burned villages, slaughtered innocent people and raped women and children.
- Tortured Vargo Hoat by cutting off his limbs and fed them to him.
- Crushed Oberyn Martell's skull during Tyrion's trial by combat while gloating to him how he murdered and raped his sister after killing her children.
- While Gregor does have somewhat of a Freudian Excuse; he was raised from childhood to fight and kill by his father, and also suffers from frequent, horrible migraines which exacerbate his bad temper, it doesn't make him sympathetic in the slightest and his actions are too horrific and petty to be justified.
The World of Ice and Fire