|“||I look down on existence from a much higher perspective than you do. I witness this world, this universe and the truth of all things. That yields deeper understanding. Wisdom. The realization that all mortals should be destroyed. The one and only mistake among all divine creations. That is what mortals are. And this mistake is egregious. To shape existence into the beautiful utopia it was always meant to be, the mistake must be corrected. I will purge all mortals from existence. In place of the gods WHO REFUSE TO ADMIT FAILURE!||„|
|~ Goku Black|
Goku Black is the main antagonist of the "Future" Trunks Saga in Dragon Ball Super. Goku Black is the original Zamasu that managed to switch bodies with Goku in order to obtain his immense powers. He initiates the "Zero Mortals Plan", which was intended to wipe out all mortals across the multiverse. He later allies with his future timeline counterpart, Future Zamasu, to continue his plan.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Goku Black's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Believes that mortals are too dangerous to live and decides to exterminate them all.
- Murders his mentor, Gowasu, and takes his Time Ring.
- Obtains the Super Dragon Balls and wishes on them to switch bodies with Goku. After switching bodies with Goku, he murders him before decapitating a terrified Chi-Chi and Goten with a ki blade.
- This makes him stand out as the first and only villain in the franchise to kill Goku and for it not to be part of a sacrifice on Goku's part.
- Uses his Time Ring to travel to Future Trunks' timeline, where he joins forces with Future Zamasu in order to extend his "Zero Mortals Plan" to every timeline after killing the Gowasu of that timeline (which briefly horrified Future Zamasu).
- Went on to slaughter countless mortals and destroy many planets alongside Future Zamasu.
- Alongside Future Zamasu, he destroyed the Super Dragon Balls, leaving no way to reverse their actions.
- Murders all the gods and Supreme Kai's in the Future Timeline, knowing even they wouldn't approve of his Zero Mortals Plan. This also causes the Future Angels to die as well due to his actions of killing the Gods.
- This makes him stand out as the only villain in franchise to commit genocide on his own kind.
- Lays waste to Earth, killing those who had survived the previous onslaught of the Red Ribbon Androids.
- Disintegrates Future Bulma in front of Future Trunks and blasts Future Mai, seriously injuring her and putting her on the brink of death, which he then proceeded to taunt Future Trunks about once they both thought Mai was dead.
- Refuses Gowasu's offer of redemption and tried to kill him and the Universe 7 Supreme Kai, Shin, alongside Future Zamasu.
- Tortures Goku before taunting him about how he murdered Chi-Chi and Goten.
- Merges with Future Zamasu to become Fused Zamasu. As Fused Zamasu, he proceeds to cause more catastrophe on Earth.
- After Fused Zamasu's body is destroyed, his soul survives through his sheer hatred of mortals and proceeds to spread across the multiverse, killing every last mortal in Future Trunks' timeline before trying to invade the present timeline multiverse as well. This continues until he and the entire timeline are erased from existence by Zeno.
- While he has a villainous friendship with Future Zamasu, it only highlights how narcissistic he is, considering how he is the exact same person as Zamasu even if from a different timeline.
- Despite claiming to be well-intentioned, he is a hypocrite who is far worse than any of the mortals that he despises and simply wants to recreate the universe in his image.
- He is arguably the most heinous villain in the entire Dragon Ball franchise in terms of actions, even surpassing Frieza, Majin Buu and Moro, who all have less resources than him. He also is one of the only three Dragon Ball villains to have killed the Supreme Kais (alongside Kid Buu and Moro) and one of the only two Dragon Ball villains to succeed in his goals (alongside King Piccolo).
- Unlike Frieza (who was raised to be a tyrant and came from a long line of genocidal galactic conquerors), Cell (who was created to be a killing machine before gaining his own agency) and Super Buu (who was made from evil before gaining his agency as well), Goku Black was a Supreme Kai, supposed to watch over the universe and be good but choose to become evil due to his delusional beliefs that mortals are evil.
- Goku Black is the only Dragon Ball villain to have more than one Pure Evil incarnation, alongside his Super Dragon Ball Heroes counterpart.
- Seeing as Black and Zamasu are the same person, Zamasu is the only Dragon Ball villain to have three Pure Evil incarnations including Future Zamasu.