This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||I always come back. Let me out.||„|
|~ Glitchtrap's most famous quote, as heard reversed in the Princess Quest minigame.|
|“||Glitchtrap: Stay the course.
Vanny: I will.
Glitchtrap: Focus on my voice.
Vanny: I will.
Glitchtrap: Don't let anyone lead you astray.
Vanny: I won't.
Glitchtrap: Have you selected one?
Vanny: I have.
|~ Glitchtrap secretly speaking to Vanny.|
Glitchtrap is the main antagonist of the Steel Wool era of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.
He is a malicious software in the form of a humanoid in a rabbit costume, and is haevily implied to be the digital manifestation of William Afton. He hides within the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience and eventually brainwashes its beta tester Vanessa, creating the alter-ego Vanny in her mind.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Glitchtrap's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- All of his crimes as William Afton, assuming he's the real deal and not a digital copy.
- He psychologically tormented Jeremy to the point that it's implied he committed suicide by slicing off his face.
- In the Pizza Party level, he traps the player in a Freddy Fazbear animatronic, replicating Afton's original five murders, all while dancing in gleeful sadism.
- He attempted to merge or body-swap with Vanny to escape The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience.
- He possessed Vanessa into becoming Vanny and drove her insane to make her his follower.
- He influenced Vanny to hijack all of the animatronics made by the Fazbear Funtime Service, turning them all aggressive and allowing them to kill all the FFS employees, most notably killing Steven Wilson.
- It's also implied that he might even be controlling them directly as a virus.
- Assuming that orders had gone through after the hijack, he likely killed people in their own homes via the ordered animatronics.
- In the files, we see a message sent by Luis Cabrera, possibly calling for help (with the implication that he'd been attacked and stabbed, likely by Vanny). The message then glitches, presumably by Glitchtrap, so that nobody came to help Luis.
- He ordered Vanny to kill children at Freddy Fazbear's Mega PizzaPlex as Afton did at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza in the 80s, and got her to reprogram the Glamrock animatronics (except Glamrock Freddy) to kill Gregory, who is only a child. Vanny claimed nine or more kills throughout her rampage.
- Glitchtrap on the Villains Wiki.