- NOTE: This page only focuses on Euron Greyjoy from the A Song of Ice and Fire books, as his TV Show version wasn't voted Pure Evil, and so only book version of Euron Greyjoy's info and crimes should be put here.
|“||I am the storm, my lord. The first and the last!||„|
|~ Euron Greyjoy, to Rodrik Harlaw|
Euron Greyjoy is one of the main antagonists of A Song of Ice and Fire novel series by George R. R. Martin. Euron is the younger brother of King Balon Greyjoy and the older brother of Victarion, Urrigon, and Aeron Greyjoy. He is the captain of vast pirate ship called The Silence. During the Kingsmoot, Euron promises to conquer Westeros for the Ironborn, but in reality he only cares for himself. He believes he can become a god through ritualistic sacrifices.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Murdered his half-brothers at a young age, and even took pride at doing so.
- Sexually assaulted his younger brother, Aeron during their childhood.
- Seduced or raped Victarion’s salt wife so he would be forced to kill her under Ironborn law, and took no remorse over her death.
- Cuts the tongues from his crewmen and prisoners to make sure no one tells his secrets, but also does it for his personal enjoyment.
- Seduces women to sleep with him. After he’s finished with them, he either sells them into slavery, or allows his crew of mutes to rape them.
- Takes sadistic pleasure in watching people suffer.
- While the Ironborn are considered as harsh and social Darwinistic people as a whole, Euron has surpassed even them, which marks him as arguably the scariest character in the franchise.
- Only the book version of Euron qualifies as Pure Evil, because the TV version narrowly fails the heinous standards compared to the likes of Ramsay Bolton and isn't as depraved as his book counterpart.
The World of Ice and Fire