Dr. Nefarious, also called Neffie is the main antagonist of PlayStation's second full-length animated 2016 feature film Ratchet & Clank, and its tie-in video game on the PlayStation 4. Much like his original counterpart, Nefarious is an unstable mad scientist and the archenemy of Ratchet and Clank. However, this version is much more evil.
He was voiced by Armin Shimerman.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Betrayed the Galactic Rangers' team and became a supervillain out of frustration for his mistreatment.
- Manipulated his boss, Chairman Drek, then betrayed him by turning him into a sheep, and then killed him by destroying a planet.
- Used the deplanetizer on Umbris, a planet composed of tetragen in which such an explosion would cause a chain reaction in the solar system simply to humiliate the Galactic Rangers.
- Attempted to kill Ratchet, Clank and Captain Qwark.
- Unlike his original counterpart, he has no redeeming qualities and is taken more seriously.
- He is one of the only seven Pure Evils of the Ratchet & Clank franchise.
- He is also one of the two versions of Dr. Nefarious to be Pure Evil (alongside Emperor Nefarious).