|“||As soon as I dispose of Big Daddy La Bouff, and I'm running this town... I'll have the entire city of New Orleans, in the palm of my hand. And you'll have all the wayward souls your dark little hearts desire.||„|
|~ Dr. Facilier commenting on his plan to his Friends on the Other Side.|
|“||Just a little more time! I promise I'll pay you all back! I PROMISE!||„|
|~ Dr. Facilier's last words before being dragged into hell.|
Dr. Facilier, or simply known as Facilier (also known as "The Shadow Man") is the main antagonist of Disney's 49th full-length animated feature film The Princess and the Frog.
He is an evil witch doctor/bokor who plans to rule New Orleans with help from his "friends on the other side". Since his inception, Facilier has reached critical acclaim and major popularity with fans, making him one of Disney's most popular villains, in addition to quickly becoming a primary member of the Disney Villains franchise.
He was voiced by Keith David, who also played Lord Marmoo in Kulipari.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He tried to murder Big Daddy to take over New Orleans.
- He successfully transformed Prince Naveen (and indirectly Tiana) into frogs.
- It was implied he may have intended to kill Naveen (while he said he needed his heart pumping, he did not say that he needed to do so forever), and his partner Lawrence once he didn't need them anymore. At the very least, he did not warn Lawrence that his life could be in danger, and he did not inform him that demons were going to attack New Orleans if he succeeded.
- He tried to sell the souls of the people of New Orleans to repay his debt, even though it was his own fault he was in debt.
- He successfully killed Ray, making him one of the few villains who actually succeed at killing a major character. He also did it despite knowing Ray was sapient and just didn't care. And it’s on the fence as to whether he cared he was killing his so-called friends or not.
- Despite referring to the voodoo spirits as his friends, he has shown himself to be greedy with them. And it’s heavily implied they realized that he did not truly consider him to be their friends, seeing as he did not seem to care when Ray started killing them.
- Some believe that Dr. Facilier doesn't qualify as Pure Evil given his apparent tragic past, as he implies that he was shunned and ignored by the rich and wealthy of New Orleans, coupled with his supposed sympathy towards the city's poor. However, as Facilier is such a charismatic manipulator, nothing demonstrates that such facts are true and even if they were, it doesn’t change the fact that he attempted to claim hundreds of innocent souls for his Friends on the Other Side, aside from his complete lack of morals, greed, lust for power, lack of remorse or true care for anyone but himself and his treacherous nature.
- Dr. Facilier on the Villains Wiki
- Dr. Facilier on the Disney Wiki
- Dr. Facilier on the VS Battles Wiki