NOTE: This page is only about the Movie counterpart of Lovless as his Tv Show counterpart was not voted as Pure Evil, and thus only the moive counterpart of Loveless info and crimes should be put here.
|“||Why y'all look like you've seen a ghost? It's me, dear friends, alive and kickin'! Well, alive, anyway. We may have lost the war, but heaven knows we haven't lost our sense of humor! No, not even when we've lost a lung, a spleen, a bladder, two legs, thirty-five feet of small intestine, and our ability to reproduce, all in the name of the South! Do we EVER LOSE OUR SENSE OF HUMOR!?||„|
|~ Dr. Arliss Loveless to all his party guests and fellow ex-Confederate ministers.|
Dr. Arliss Loveless is the main antagonist of the critically panned 1999 film Wild Wild West, based on the 1960s Old West TV series The Wild Wild West.
He is an evil genius who was once part of the Confederate army during the American Civil War and the founder and leader of the Loveless Alliance, an organization of foreign Caucasian ministers and slave owners who plan to overthrow the United States government and divide the nation amongst themselves.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Created the Loveless Alliance, following the end of the American Civil War, planning on destroying the United States for dissolving the Confederacy and abolishing slavery.
- Having General McGrath to capture several scientists and deliver several supplies, to create weapons at Spider Canyon.
- Furthermore, Loveless beheaded an scientist when he escaped and tried to tell president Ulysses Grant.
- Created a steam tank and as targets, Loveless uses the town of New Liberty where West's parents also lived.
- Shot and wounded General McGrath when he opposed his plan of killing the disloyal Confederate soldiers.
- Took West and Gordon hostage with his giant mechanical spider.
- Attempt to have President Grant signing the surrender papers. After the plan was thwarted by West, he attempted to destroy another city in order to make President Grant surrender.
- Although he became crippled during the last days of the civil war, and forcing him to spend the rest of his life on a steam powered wheelchair, this excuse hardly justifies his actions as it's not played for sympathy, and it simply made him even more determined to conquer the United States.
- Despite him having some comedic moments, he is still taken very seriously as a dark villain.