|“||You should know something about me and the people I work with. We deal with the left or the right, with dictators or liberators. If the current president had been more agreeable, I wouldn't be talking to you. So if you decide not to sign, you will wake up with your balls in your mouth and your willing replacement standing over you. If you doubt that, then shoot me, take that money, and have a good night's sleep.||„|
|~ Dominic Greene to General Medrano.|
Dominic Greene is a major antagonist in the James Bond rebooted series, serving as the main antagonist of the 2008 film Quantum of Solace and a posthumous antagonist in the 2015 sequel Spectre.
He is a wealthy environmentalist who runs the Greene Planet corporation, which serves as a front for Quantum, a terrorist organization that is part of the larger SPECTRE criminal organization. Greene is tasked with securing a piece of Latin American land rich in natural resources, so he plots to restore General Medrano as Bolivia's dictator to do so.
He was portrayed by Mathieu Amalric.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Plotted to reinstate the exiled General Medrano as the dictator of Bolivia and causing an artificial drought over the country so he could force the new Bolivian government to buy water at grossly inflated prices from his company.
- Sent Edmund Slate to kill Camille Montes, his former lover and ally, who was trying to kill Medrano. When Edmund failed, he handed Camille over to Medrano, likely expecting him to kill her.
- Executed his geologist by drowning him for being a suspected spy.
- Ordered the corrupt CIA Section Chief for South America Gregg Beam to kill James Bond as part of a deal with the CIA to receive a portion of Bolivia's land.
- Ordered his henchman to kill Guy Haines' bodyguard which then incriminated James Bond as the murderer.
- Tried to shove Camille off a balcony to kill her, though she was saved thanks to James Bond and the MI6 agent Strawberry Fields.
- Executed Strawberry Fields by drowning her in oil and leaving her oil-covered corpse in Bond's hotel room.
- Delighted himself in explaining to Medrano how Quantum would use him as Bolivia's puppet ruler by threatening to harm him in case he refused to cooperate with them, angering the general.
- Has no care for his henchmen, evidenced when he leaves Elvis to his death when the Perla de las Dunas starts burning.
- Tried to kill James Bond with a fire axe and taunted him that Medrano has likely killed Camille in his room when in reality Camille had already killed Medrano.
- When he was 15, he had a crush on one of his mother's piano students, but was angered and disfigured her with an iron after hearing her talking nasty things behind him. While this may have affected his life, he still went far beyond the excuse by causing an artificial drought.
- Isn't loyal to SPECTRE or Quantum as he spilled Quantum's secrets to Bond moments before his death.
- While it is argued that his death makes him a scapegoat, it is untrue since he deserves it after everything he did.
- Dominic Greene is, alongside Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Le Chiffre, General Medrano and Valdo Obruchev, one of the five villains from the Daniel Craig era to be Pure Evil.
- Dominic Greene at the Villains Wiki
- Dominic Greene at the James Bond Wiki
- Dominic Greene at the Antagonists Wiki