This Pure Evil was Headlined on January, 2022.
|“||Tell me, have you and JoJo kissed yet? I'll take that as a no. You thought your first kiss would be JoJo, but it was I, Dio!||„|
|~ Dio's most famous quote.|
|~ Dio activating his Stand, The World.|
|“||Muda, muda, muda, muda, muda, MUDA!||„|
|~ Dio's famous catchphrase.|
Dio Brando, also known as simply DIO, is the main antagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, serving as the main antagonist in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, as well as being the posthumous overarching antagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean.
In Japanese, Dio is voiced by Isshin Chiba in the Heritage for the Future video game, Hikaru Midorikawa in the Phantom Blood video game and movie, Nobuo Tanaka in the 1993 OVA, Norio Wakamoto in the CD Drama, and Takehito Koyasu in the anime, All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven. In English, he is voiced by Patrick Seitz for the anime.
Powers and Abilities
|“||I am immortal. I have everlasting... STAND POWER! Now there is a controvertible truth that no one on this miserable planet is stronger than me! You loathsome humans! I shall rule over your pathetic species until the end of time! Now bow before my wisdom and power!||„|
Upon putting on the stone mask, Dio Brando gained powerful vampiric abilities, being able to drain blood from others, self-regeneration, superhuman strength, near-immortality, the ability to shoot powerful streams of liquid from his eyes (The technique nicknamed "Space Ripper Stingy Eyes") and use cryokinetic abilities to free foes solid. Later on, he gained the Stand The World, which has the power to stop time for a few seconds along with performing powerful close-ranged attacks. This would have increased to greater limits hadn't he been killed earlier.
Dio is overall a sadistic, ambitious, and ruthless megalomaniac who will do anything to get what he wants. He is consistently manipulative and violently domineering, as well as a lack of conscience and empathy.
One of Dio's most recognizable traits are his boundless ambition and obsession for power. As a young man, he lived in the poverty, and was constantly abused by his father, Dio set for himself the goal to become the richest and most powerful being in the world. To do so, he poisoned his father and used anything or anyone that he could to further his goals, disregarding any morality that would restrain the range of actions available to him.
Although Speedwagon claimed he was born evil, Dio was not evil at first, as he is shown to love his mother and be heartbroken by her death. He was furious when his father told him to sell her dress, which caused him to kill his father as revenge for causing her death and would attack anyone who spoke ill of her. Nonetheless, all of his redeeming qualities were thrown away when he blew his second chance after being adopted by the Joestars and becoming the bloodthirsty and evil monster he is today.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Dio Brando's biography on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- After Dio came to the Joestar's life, he deliberately tries to make Jonathan's life as miserable as possible by kicking Jonathan's dog Danny when they first met due to his hatred of dogs, attempting to gouge his eye, stealing the first kiss of his love interest, Erina and burning Danny alive just for the emotional impact.
- In addition to all of this, he also attempts to murder Jonathan's father to gain wealth all for himself. This was after the Joestars had given him a second chance and adopted him into a rich and loving family.
- He used the Stone Mask on two people who yelled at him when he was drunk, throwing a bottle of wine at the first and breaking his mouth before cutting his throat and then using his blood to turn on the mask and turning the second into a vampire.
- Despite his seemingly tragic past due to his abusive father, Dio was called out for his behavior and weak justification by Robert Speedwagon, saying that he was an evil bastard since he was born.
- While he did love his mother, killed his father to avenge her, and attacked anyone who spoke ill of her, he likely moved on from his love for her.
- After he was called out by Speedwagon, Dio happily renounces his humanity and stole the Stone Mask and tried to kill Jonathan with a dagger to use his blood to put it on the Stone mask and become a vampire, but accidentally killed his adoptive father instead, not caring if he didn't succeed in killing Jonathan as he would start targeting him after killing few cops and a butler and started a fire in the mansion.
- Drained several people to regain his vitality after being injured by Jonathan.
- After becoming a vampire, he then made the world's most notorious serial killer, Jack the Ripper, his minion for defeating Jonathan and presumably forcing him to eat one of his victims after he killed her.
- He sets his sight on a village called Windknight's lot for his domination plan while draining the population's life one by one so that he could both feed off their blood and make a zombie army out of them.
- Experimented on several people to morph them into becoming his loyal chimeras.
- Made a mother into a vampire, promising that neither he nor his minions would harm the mother's child in exchange, and watched with glee as she devoured her infant child, sadistically noting the irony that neither he nor his minions hurt the child, but she did as a vampire.
- Froze Dire's entire body (except for his head) and shattered it, killing him instantly.
- He attacks a ship full of people with thousands of his vampires, killing many people in the ship (including Lisa Lisa's mother), slowly kills Jonathan right in front of a horrified Erina in otoe his body, which both Erina and baby Lisa Lisa (who gets adopted by the Joestars) survived the ship explosion, including Dio (who was thought to be dead).
- Even when he was gone, he is still indirectly responsible for the murder of George Joestar II, as one of his survived minions killed him. Enraging Elizabeth Joestar that she murdered it and killed a general who witnessed it. Being accused of treachery for murdering her husband and the general (who she did murder), forcing her on the run, her emotions consuming her and forcing her to leave the United Kingdom, never saying goodbye to her son Joseph and becoming known as "Lisa Lisa".
- Upon Jonathan's death, he took a hold of his body and created children with it.
- Upon his return to land after a century, killed the crew of a fishermen's vessel to revitalize himself.
- He told his ideas of "Heaven" to Enrico Pucci, which results in the latter nearly destroying the Joestar bloodline and the start of the alternate timeline.
- He brainwashes Noriaki Kakyoin and Jean Pierre Polnareff into his loyal servants, forcing the heroes to fight and ultimately release them from his control.
- He sends multiple Stand user assassins to eliminate Jotaro and his group.
- While recovering, he drains the blood of multiple women.
- He sends Steely Dan to successfully assassinate Enya when she knows too much, despite being endlessly loyal to him and the one who awakened his Stand in the first place.
- Manipulates several people to become his servants.
- He doesn't care about anyone but himself, viewing his allies as mere pawns than actual people and showing no care if they died or retired.
- Forcing Senator Phillips to drive for him to chase the Joestars (who was trying to reason with Dio), causing him to lose his sanity, forcing him to drive on the sidewalk when it was a traffic jam, thus forcing him to kill many people on the sidewalk. When Senator Philips asked will he spare him, Dio coldly replied "no", causing Senator Philips to lose even more of his sanity and threw his dead body at the destroyed truck that Joseph Joestar and Kakyoin were driving.
- Kills Kakyoin by punching a hole through his stomach.
- During one of his time stops, kills a nearby cat by dismembering it and placing its dead organs on the plates and in the drinks of nearby patrons, burning a woman with her cigarette lighter, and stabbing the fork into the cheek of a woman eating dinner for no reason whatsoever.
- During his fight with Jotaro, drains the blood of a woman to regain his strength.
- Drains Joseph's blood to grow stronger, temporarily killing him.
- After his death, the flesh buds he'd implanted into his minions activated, either ensuring agonizingly painful deaths or turning them into grotesque monsters and causing them to lose their sanity. Keicho and Okuyasu's father suffered this fate, and there were likely several more who did as well.
- His actions also greatly affected his minions such as Mariah and Hol Horse, who had PTSD due to his actions.
- Overall, Dio is responsible for almost all the events in the series, his influence spreading on Diamond is Unbreakable, Golden Wind, and Stone Ocean as he was the one who influenced Pucci, thus being responsible for all the events in Stone Ocean. He is also the reason why Joseph Joestar, Josuke Higashikata, Jotaro Kujo, Jolyne Cujoh, and Giorno Giovanna exist, as he attacked the ship where Lisa Lisa survived with the help of Erina and becoming the member of the Joestars (who is the mother of Joseph Joestar).
- Despite having comedic moments, he is taken completely seriously.
- According to Araki, Dio is the true protagonist of Phantom Blood.
- According to Araki himself and other writers, if Dio knew about Giorno’s existence, he would have spoiled him rotten due to knowing how abusive parents were like. If this was shown in the series, this would stop making him Pure Evil.
- Two of Dio's voice actors, Norio Wakamoto and Takehito Koyasu have also voiced other Pure Evils, with Cell for Norio Wakamoto and Nobuyuki Sugou for Takehito Koyasu.
- Dio Brando at the Villains wiki
- Dio Brando at the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure wiki
- Dio Brando at the VS Battles wiki
Diamond Is Unbreakable