|“||I must crush my fear! Now is the time... I must overcome it right now! That is what it means to live!||„|
|“||It is only the results that remain in this world! All the actions you take in a world where time is erased are meaningless!||„|
|~ Diavolo to Bruno Bucciarati.|
|“||No one can escape the fate that was chosen for them. All that remains is the end, where you will all perish. Eternal greatness only exists only within myself. Sing a song of sorrow in a world where time has vanished.||„|
|~ Diavolo speaking in Italian in the second opening of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Traitor's Requiem.|
Diavolo is one of the two overarching antagonists of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise (the other being Kars), serving as the main antagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind.
Diavolo is the founder of Passione, a drug-dealing crime syndicate. He is responsible for the proliferation of Stand users around the world after he discovered Arrows. He is also the alternate personality of Vinegar Doppio and the wielder of his powerful stand King Crimson.
He was voiced by Mitsuru Miyamoto in the PS2 game adaption of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Toshiyuki Morikawa in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, and Katsuyuki Konishi in the anime adaptation. In the English dub of the anime, he is voiced by Kellen Goff, who also voices Funtime Freddy, Freddy Fazbear, Fredbear, Fiddlesticks, Kai Chisaki, and Techno Pirate.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Killed his mother and other people who raised him by burning down the church and faked his death.
- Although Diavolo showed his compassion to his dissociative mind, Vinegar Doppio, his treatment of him was only an accessory to stay undercover.
- Despite apparently loving his ex-girlfriend Donatella Una, keeping a photo of her after all this time, he's shown to have lied about everything about him, including his name, and whatever love he had for her was more than likely gone when he became a mafia member.
- He discovered 6 Stand Arrows that he sold five of them to Enya Geil and used one for himself, thus being responsible for many people in the world who got their own stand, including Dio Brando (who killed Kakyoin using his Stand among several other atrocities, as well as his minions murdering many innocent people and animals in their battle against the Joestar Group, and responsible for Enya Geil giving the arrow to Yoshihiro Kira, who activated the Stand of his son Yoshikage Kira, and Mr. Nijimura; thus being indirectly responsible for all of Keicho's actions after DIO's death resulting in his father's transformation, causing the deaths of many innocent folks (including Josuke's grandfather) and Stand-incompatible people (which could have resulted in the death of Koichi Hirose), as well as deaths of many due to Yoshikage Kira's actions of using his stand Killer Queen, including the murder of Shigechi Yangu, killing Kosaku Kawajiri and stealing his identity, all the psychological abuse/torture caused to Hayato, and many people losing their loved ones in Morioh.
- He is most likely responsible for every bad thing that every stand user caused.
- When taking control of Passione, Diavolo encouraged the drug and crime trade, damaging the entire country of Italy through drug addiction in the youth, crime and police corruption. In addition to this, he is responsible for every main character being a criminal and part of Passione:
- Bruno Bucciarati: The drug problem in Italy caused the death of Bruno's father.
- Leone Abbacchio: Due to the rampant crime in Italy, Abbacchio's stress turned him into a corrupt cop who accepted bribes, leading to his partner's death.
- Guido Mista: The crime problem led to Mista killing three people trying to rape a woman, and the corruption led to him being sent to jail, in which he was freed by Bruno.
- Pannacotta Fugo: After getting kicked out of his university and then shunned by his parents, Fugo joined into shoplifting and stealing.
- Narancia Ghirga: Due to Passione's criminal youth, Narancia was picked up by young gangs, leading him getting falsely accused and arrested.
- Giorno Giovanna: Joined Passione in order to stop Diavolo and his drug trade towards the youth.
- Diavolo injured Jean Pierre Polnareff by throwing him off a cliff onto a boulder below after cutting off his legs and blinding him in one eye.
- He severely underpaid La Squadra for no reason in particular.
- When catching wind on La Squadra trying to find out his identity, Diavolo ordered Cioccolata and Secco into brutally hacking Sorbet into pieces while Gelato watched, and he sent Sorbet's body parts to La Squadra's base to keep them in line.
- After realizing that he had a daughter, Trish Una, Diavolo wanted to kill her personally to clear his trace.
- Killed Leaky Eye Luca for no reason other than his loss to Giorno.
- Ordered Pericolo's suicide after the completion of his mission so that he couldn't be traced through Pericolo.
- Gave orders to Team Bucciarati that only one person can go in alone with Trish at San Giorgio Maggiore Church without any weapons or communication tools so he can ensure that he can kill her himself without risking his identity being exposed to anyone.
- Killed Bruno Bucciarati for protecting his daughter, which resulted in him becoming a living corpse as Giorno was too late to heal him when he arrived at the church.
- Diavolo killed anyone who tried to uncover his real persona, as he did that to a fortune teller for doing so.
- Though he showed respect towards Risotto Nero upon defeating him, this was merely a means of persuading him into restoring his depleted nutrients.
- Manipulates Narancia into killing Risotto Nero after the latter let his guard down.
- Devoured a frog and drank the blood from the child he kidnapped after the battle with Risotto Nero.
- Kills Leone Abbacchio, who tried to recreate the scene of him taking a picture of his wife.
- Despite being supposedly disgusted having to send Cioccolata and Secco after Team Bucciarati, he didn't have any regrets with the massacre they committed in Rome, only being disappointed that they weren't able to succeed in their mission. He is also directly responsible for the said massacre.
- Diavolo then murdered Jean Pierre Polnareff before he could hand the Arrow to Giorno and his crew.
- Diavolo abandoned a dying Doppio after their souls were swapped, ignoring his cries for help.
- Later, he breaks a nearby fence and impales Narancia on it, killing him instantly.
- Diavolo tried to kill his daughter again when pursuing the Requiem Arrow.
- Diavolo does not care much about the lives of others, as he wanted Requiem powers for his Stand, King Crimson.
- Despite Polnareff and Risotto claiming that Doppio and Diavolo has Dissociative Identity Disorder and that an incident in Doppio's childhood could have created Diavolo, Diavolo's backstory is too vague for him to be classified as Amoral. While it is entirely possible he is Doppio's anger and frustration incarnated into Diavolo, he shows to be his own individual who can think for himself and it is shown that he and Doppio have two separate souls, further supporting the fact he is his own individual.
- While other main antagonists have done worse with similar resources, Diavolo has the unique crime of affecting an entire country and has personal villainy towards all of the main characters.
- Unlike DIO, Yoshikage Kira, and even Cioccolata who have some comedic moments (with Cioccolata being darkly comedic), Diavolo's character is portrayed is absolutely seriously, and even got the most terrifying defeat out of all the villains in the franchise.
- His care of his alter-ego, Vinegar Doppio, might be considered a mitigating factor, but it could only be because as Doppio and Diavolo exist in the same body, harming Doppio might risk Diavolo's life as well as anonymity. He still corrupted Doppio into being a loyal follower of Passione.
- His disgust at sending Cioccolata and Secco to Rome might be taken as remorse, but Diavolo is only disgusted because their actions may lead into an investigation, leading the authorities onto Passione and then Diavolo himself.
- Despite all of the evil deeds Diavolo has done, many fans of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure still believe that he did not deserve his fate to die infinitely.
- Diavolo, alongside Dio Brando and Tooru are the only respective main antagonists of their Parts to be Pure Evil.
Diamond Is Unbreakable
Steel Ball Run