|“||Yes, you were that child. I took you from Damas, hoping to harness your eco powers for my experiments, then I lost you to the Underground... You seem upset. Did I tell you too late? You were the son of the great warrior Damas. Oh, and he never knew, how delightful.||„|
|~ Count Veger|
Count Veger is one of the main antagonists of Jak 3 and appears as a minor antagonist cameo in Daxter.
He is responsible for banishing Jak to the wasteland for his dark eco powers and took him from Damas at a young age. Although he is never faced as a boss battle and his only prominent appearance is in one game, his history with Jak makes him one of the overarching antagonists of the whole series.
He was voiced by Phil LaMarr.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Conspired with Baron Praxis to oust Damas and the House of Mar as the ruling power of Haven City and allowed Praxis to rule the city with an iron fist.
- Deliberately enabled most if not all of Praxis' war crimes.
- Kidnapped a young Jak to harness his eco powers for unethical experiments to unlock ancient precursor artifacts.
- Personally attacked and destroyed the palace of Haven City, killing thousands of innocent civilians and framing the Metal Heads for the attack just to gain quick access to the catacombs beneath the palace.
- Banished Jak to the desert for his infusion of dark eco and supposedly being responsible for the Metal Head breach of the city for being affiliated with Krew at the time.
- Blackmails Haven City to beg him to activate the planetary defense system to destroy the Dark Maker Ship and assume absolute rule over the people.
- Condemns everyone when he is removed from office and stripped of all privileges.
- Sadistically taunts Jak when Damas, his father, dies without ever knowing that Jak is his son.
The Last of Us