|“||Laputa will live! I will return it to life! Laputa's power is the dream of all mankind!||„|
|~ Colonel Muska|
Colonel Muska (real name: Romuska Palo Ur Laputa) is the main antagonist of the 1986 animated Studio Ghibli film Castle in the Sky. He is a government agent who wishes to find and control the lost city of Laputa, in order to take power over it and rule the world. He is also Sheeta's distant relative and Pazu's arch-nemesis.
He was voiced by Mark Hamill in the English Disney version, who also played The Joker in the DC Animated Universe and the Arkham games, Malefor in The Legend of Spyro, Ozai in Avatar: The Last Airbender, Maltruant in Ben 10 Omniverse, The Trickster in The Flash and Kavaxas in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012).
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Kidnapping Sheeta.
- Threatening to kill Pazu if Sheeta didn't do what he wanted.
- Dropping General Muoro and many members of the military to their deaths once he took control of Laputa, as well as previously leaving his fellow government agents to fall to their deaths by reconstructing the castle while they're stuck outside the interior of the castle. He then takes control of the robots there to shoot down the aircraft they arrived on and get rid of any survivors who initially got away.
- Wanting to use Laputa and its destructive power to conquer the world.
- Threatening to shoot Sheeta's ears off, then subsequently threatened to outright shoot her and Pazu if they didn't surrender the amulet to him.
- Colonel Muska is considered to be the evilest, ruthless and most depraved villains in the Studio Ghibli films.
- Colonel Muska and Lord Cob are the only two Studio Ghibli villains so far who are considered Pure Evil.
- He also serves as the only antagonist in a Miyazaki film to be Pure Evil, most likely due to his films' not usually being bound to a simple good vs. evil storyline.