We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|“||Now tell me... fine gun like you... why you still running around with old Dutch? Could come with me and make real money.||„|
|~ Colm O'Driscoll to Arthur Morgan.|
|“||Law official: For sometimes a man is so savage, the only way to deal with him justly is by savagery. Colm O'Driscoll is one such man. He has murdered, tortured, robbed, stolen, raped and abused for a decade across five states. Seemingly with impunity. Today, justice catches up with him.
Colm: [Laughs] As well you may. I've been a bad man.
|~ Colm O'Driscoll taunts his executioners.|
He was voiced by Andrew Berg.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He murdered Dutch's mistress, Anabelle, after Dutch killed his brother. While this could indicate that Colm cared for his brother, he openly admits to Dutch that he never liked him very much, so it is possible that he just killed his lover to annoy him.
- He and his gang committed multiple acts of murder, rape, vandalism, assault, and torture in five states (New Hanover, Ambarino, Lemoyne, West Elizabeth, and New Austin).
- According to Javier Escuella, Colm and his gang attacked and robbed a stagecoach full of women and children, killing them all at the scene.
- He orders his men to rob a cabin, and then they murder its owner, Jake Adler, leaving his wife Sadie Adler deeply traumatized and heartbroken. It is also strongly implied that his men may have raped Sadie during the time they were in her cabin.
- He plans to rob the magnate Leviticus Cornwall's train, only being stopped by Dutch's gang.
- Let his men die in Six Point Cabin while he escapes.
- He feigns a peace meeting with Dutch and Micah as a distraction while his gang kidnap Arthur Morgan.
- He and his gang torture Arthur, and Colm reveals to Arthur that he plans for Dutch and his gang to come rescue him, only for the Pinkertons to ambush and arrest them all, and he rejects Arthur's offers of peace to hit him in the stomach with his revolver and leave the place. Fortunately, Arthur manages to escape.
- This torture likely exacerbated Arthur's tuberculosis, which was in a dormant state before, leading to the tuberculosis developing rapidly causing Arthur's death and Micah's escape from him to cause further terror.
- He kidnapped and tortured Kieran Duffy into telling him the location of Dutch's gang.
- Once he discovers the gang's location, Colm murders Kieran horribly, gouging out his eyes, beheading him, and sending his mutilated corpse on horseback to the gang's camp, then sending his men to kill them all, including four-year-old Jack Marston.
- He planed to escape his execution with the help of his men. He likely would've, had it not been for Dutch, Arthur and Sadie's intervention in killing all the O'Driscolls to ensure that Colm is executed.
- Despite the series' hugely Heinous Standards, Colm still stands out as having far less screen time than Micah Bell and having fewer resources than Agustin Allende and Colonel Henry Favours, while also committing a great deal of atrocities and managing to do the worst that he can with what he has.
- At first, Colm O'Driscoll was considered Near Pure Evil, as he was previously believed to fall short with the Heinous Standards of the Red Dead Redemption series compared to Micah Bell. However, once that prevention was finally shown to not really hold, Colm was eventually moved to Pure Evil status.
- Colm O'Driscoll is, alongside Agustin Allende, Micah Bell and Colonel Henry Favours, one of the four Red Dead Redemption villains to be Pure Evil.