This Pure Evil was Headlined on January, 2021.
|“||Good boy! Good boy! Good boy! Good boy! Good boy! Good boy! Good boy! Good boy!||„|
|~ Cioccolata to Secco after recording the pain of his victims on a camera.|
|“||Show me your face! Show me your despair! Let me see the look on your face at the moment your hope burns out and your life reaches its end! Show me your despair as you fall!||„|
|~ Cioccolata to Giorno Giovanna after nearly killing him.|
|“||You see, Giorno Giovanna, I believe there are two cases in which happiness exists. The first is when despair turns into hope, then you become happy. When you caught the heli in your plants, I was just so panicked, I truly felt despair. But, I survived. I used my experience and mental strength to make a comeback and right now I feel happiness because of it... I truly do. [...] And the second situation where you feel happiness is...! When you look down on someone as they fall into despair!||„|
|~ Cioccolata to Giorno Giovanna.|
|“||The more curious someone is, the stronger they become mentally. Humans are far more curious than any other creature, and that's why they evolved.||„|
Cioccolata is a minor antagonist in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind. As a member of the Diavolo's Unità Speciale, he is sent to kill Team Buccirati alongside his partner Secco. He wields the Stand known as Green Day.
In Japanese, Cioccolata is voiced by Ryuzou Ishino in the PS2 game GioGio's Bizarre Adventure, Naoya Uchida in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, and Atsushi Miyauchi in the anime adaptation. In English, he is voiced by Bill Butts in the anime's dub.
|“||Your family tells me you're nothing but a burden, and they can't stand the sight of you.||„|
|~ Cioccolata to one of his elderly patients.|
Cioccolata was one of the top students of his class. At the age of fourteen, he volunteered to take care of the elderly. However, he abused his patients psychologically, and fed them unknown drugs and unclean food. He'd do things like this constantly, eventually ending with the patient taking their own life. Cioccolata liked to record their expressions of despair, and preserved the material with 25 tapes. After driving 9 elders to suicide, he decided to become a surgeon, for the sole purpose of seeing death up close. He would purposefully misdiagnose healthy patients to operate on them, reducing the anesthesia so they would wake up during surgery. Two years before the events of Golden Wind, he was eventually caught and fired from the hospital. He was then picked up by Passione, and his true nature was revealed to the Boss when he acquired a stand.
At some point, he met his partner and human pet, Secco. Not much is known about Secco other than the fact that he was formerly Cioccolata's patient, but allied with him, most likely due to them both sharing the same murderous tendencies. They both enter Unità Speciale, used only as a last resort by the Boss.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Cioccolata and Secco are mentioned by Diavolo, saying that there's no other choice than to use them to kill Team Bucciarati. Doppio is told to watch over them, as Diavolo knows that they would cause terror and mayhem across the entire city. When Bucciarati and his crew arrive in a small fishing village, they notice people dying via the mold. Narancia and Trish get infected, and are put in Coco Jumbo to keep them safe from dying. Cioccolata is seen observing from the distance, instructing Secco to film his victims dying, praising him with sugar cubes for doing so.
When Bucciarati manages to hijack a car from one of the deceased citizens, Cioccolata and Secco follow them via helicopter, also allowing him to spread the mold even further. Giorno and Mista face Cioccolata at the top of a tower, while Secco challenges Bucciarati to a duel on the ground. Mista fires one of Sex Pistols' bullets, and Giorno turns it into a vine to latch onto the helicopter. Cioccolata, however, destroys most of the Sex Pistols, only leaving No. 5 to keep Mista alive. Cioccolata ambushes Giorno using his severed limbs, knowing which parts of the body he can sever and still keep himself alive. He then knocks Giorno off the helicopter.
Giorno, however, uses one of Sex Pistols' bullets to hit Cioccolata in the head, wounding him. Cioccolata then decides to play dead, with Giorno not knowing he used his severed left arm to almost slit Mista's throat. Once Cioccolata reveals that he wasn't dead, a stag beetle, made from the bullet in his head, destroys part of his head from the inside. Giorno then makes Cioccolata endure a lengthy barrage, and knocks him off the roof into a garbage truck, finishing him off for good.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- His favorite thing to do is to observe people dying, and he loves making snuff films.
- Became a doctor just to watch people suffer during one of his "failed operations/mistakes" and would purposefully misdiagnoses healthy patients just to operate on them to his own advantages.
- In doing so, he reduces the amount of anesthesia so his patients would wake up during surgery and witness him operating on them, giving him delight into seeing them witness their own deaths.
- When he was a teenager, he said rude and hurtful things to elderly people that he drugged and "took care of" on a daily basis, driving them to suicide as he records their deaths.
- Although he shows redeeming qualities to his henchman, Secco, he views him as an accessory of his sadism.
- He mutilated and killed Sorbet and Gelato as a warning to Risotto Nero and his group under Diavolo's orders, but he still enjoyed killing them with delight as Secco recorded it.
- Planned to take over Passione by murdering Diavolo so that he'd be free to unleash his terror over Italy, and possibly Europe and rest of the world.
- He nearly killed Team Bucciarati using his mold but failed afterwards.
- He attempted to kill all innocents around the entire city of Rome with the mold from his Stand, Green Day, while making Secco record the carnage. While nearly succeeded with some dead, he failed to meet up with his genocidal expectations when Giorno and Mista intervened.
- Attempted to kill Mista while initially pleading Giorno to let him go.
- Even Diavolo, someone who himself is Pure Evil, is absolutely disgusted by Cioccolata's vile manners, and only deploys him if he has absolutely no other choice.
- Many fans have considered Cioccolata to be the most evil and dark Pure Evil the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series has to offer. While Dio Brando has done worse but with some standing alongside him (Anjuro "Angelo" Katagiri and J. Geil, had raped and murdered people in their respective methods, same with Gray Fly whose caused numerous crashes and had a unique way of killing his victims by mutilating their tongues, Terence T. D'Arby had collected many souls for his own delight unlike his brother whom is sophisticated and honorable, Diavolo who trafficked drugs and attempted to murder his own daughter, Kenzou who drove his cultists to suicide, and Tamaki Damo who used his Stand to liquefy and torture his enemies and attempted to murder the Higashikata family). Cioccolata's role as a sadistic snuff filmer (including a former doctor), his Stand, Green Day, having the ability to kill others in a second using its mold, his terrifying backstory of his past crimes and atrocities, and his attempted mass genocide across Rome, makes him a more bigger threat than the other minor Pure Evils in the anime, making him rank up the same standard level as Dio.
Diamond Is Unbreakable