Cell is the titular main antagonist of the Cell Saga in Dragon Ball Z. He is a biomechanical android created by Dr. Gero who has the genetic material of Frieza, King Cold, Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo. Despite the examples of Cell inheriting genes that were not all that bad, he decided to embrace his more egotistical power-hungry bloodline, seeking out ways to become perfect through defeating anyone who rivals him, even if that means committing omnicide.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Cell's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Killed Future Trunks from an alternate timeline and used his time machine to get to the present timeline.
- Absorbed over 600,000 people into his body for the sake of his own strength, including people in both the alternate and present timelines.
- Rationalized this by saying that they should have considered it an honor, due to having "become one with perfection".
- Attempted to kill Krillin and Piccolo prior to reaching his Semi-Perfect Form. He didn't kill Krillin because his allies were nearby, and he spared Piccolo by accident as he genuinely thought he had killed Piccolo until Goku found out otherwise.
- Absorbed Android 17 to achieve his Semi-Perfect Form.
- Critically damaged Android 16 shortly after reaching his Semi-Perfect Form, even though 16 was unable to harm Cell in this Form.
- Attempted to kill Tien even though he was unconscious, largely out of anger for buying enough time for Android 18 to escape Cell.
- Bombed multiple islands to flush Android 18 out of hiding.
- Absorbed Android 18 to achieve his Perfect Form.
- Nearly killed Vegeta and Trunks after achieving his Perfect Form.
- Killed multiple army soldiers in the lead-up to prior to the Cell Games. Although they found and actively tried to kill him, they did not pose a true threat to him due to how strong he was, and they were retreating when he killed them.
- He sent the Cell Juniors to torture the Z-Fighters to death while he was fighting Gohan.
- Sadistically tortured Gohan just to see the extent of his power.
- Killed Android 16 as he was trying to encourage Gohan by stomping on his disembodied head, and mocked his death.
- Attempted to blow up Earth when he was outmatched by Gohan, leading to Goku sacrificing himself by teleporting him to King Kai's planet. Even after Goku died, he still continued to do evil and commit murder.
- Despite having Goku's love for fighting, this reaction upon losing to Gohan shows that he lacks any honor, fighting for the thrill of it rather than seeing it as a sport.
- Killed Future Trunks with a Death Beam before mocking his and Goku's deaths.
- He said that, after the Cell Games, he would kill off everyone on Earth for his own pleasure and then use Goku's instant transmission to move on to every other planet in the universe and do the same thing on their planets as well.
- In the anime, tortured an ogre in Hell to find a way of escape, sadistically telling him he'll do the same to the rest if he doesn't show him the way out and tried to kill him by throwing him on a pit of spikes. Once Goku arrives in hell to protect the guards, Cell tries to kill him again.
- Cell is the second person to succeed in killing Goku, and the first villain to ever kill him, as Piccolo Jr. was somewhat good when he killed Goku. Both, times were also in part a self-sacrifice by Goku.