|“||Look, those two specimens are worth millions to the bio-weapons division. Now, if you're smart, we can both come out of it as heroes and we'll be set up for life!||„|
|~ Burke reveals his motives to weaponize the Xenomorphs.|
He is the junior executive of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. While initially amicable towards the Marines and Ripley in particular, in reality Burke had ulterior motives and his loyalties lay solely with Weyland-Yutani.
He was portrayed by Paul Reiser.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He's aiding Weyland-Yutani in their attempt to weaponize the Xenomorphs, which would certainly cause mass chaos if they were put into the wrong hands.
- He sent 158 colonists near a Xenomorph egg nest without warning, and shows zero remorse when it turns out Newt was the lone survivor, regardless of him feeling nervous about lying or not.
- He locks Ripley and Newt (who’s just a kid by the way) in a soundproof room with two facehuggers so he can smuggle the alien embryos back to Earth, likely planning to jettison the cryo-sleeping marines into deep space so nobody could contradict his story once they’re impregnated.
- Since his plan to jettison the marines was figured out by Ripley, he seals the group of heroes in a room with the Xenomorphs and leaves them all to die while making a run for it, which directly causes the deaths of Hudson, Gorman and Vasquez.
- Overall, he's so repulsive that even Ripley describes him as a bigger monster than the aliens in-universe, saying that not even they would greedily betray their own species.
- To help drive the point of Carter J. Burke being Pure Evil, Paul Reiser's own parents hated Burke so much that they cheered at his death and Reiser's sister even punched him for playing such a loathsome character.
- He is, along with Mason Wren, one of the two Alien villains to be Pure Evil.
- He was initially rejected as Pure Evil because people considered his actions too standard, but he was later reproposed and approved after it was brought up that he directly got over 150 people killed and Would Hurt a Child.