|“||Let's get this party started.||„|
|~ Carnage's first words.|
|“|| Carnage: Death to you, father.
Carnage: Not you, father. YOU, father!
|~ Carnage showing a murderous hatred for his father, Venom.|
He is a highly destructive and homicidal symbiote, who bonds with the infamous serial killer, Cletus Kasady, to unleash carnage upon San Francisco. He is the spawn and archenemy of Venom.
He was voiced by Woody Harrelson, who also played Kasady in the same film and its predecessor.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Was cruel and destructive from the moment when he was born, sadistically killing humans for fun rather than sustenance, and wanting to be the only symbiote on Earth due to his hatred towards his own father Venom.
- Bonded with Cletus Kasady to help him escape his execution.
- While he acted friendly with Cletus and helped him rescue his girlfriend Shriek, Carnage was only using Cletus for his own goal to kill his own father Venom, so that he would be the only symbiote on Earth and become unstoppable.
- Went on a massacre in the San Quentin prison, killing at least dozens of guards as well as devouring the warden whole and indirectly freeing the other inmates.
- When one guard begged to be spared due to having a family, he brutally murdered the guard by shoving his tongue down his throat until he died.
- Went on a murderous rampage, killing civilians in San Francisco (such as a homeless man to help Cletus get some clothes). Through dialogue, it is made clear that all of San Francisco would be at risk being slaughtered by Carnage.
- Launched a random car into the ocean, killing the driver and presumably anyone else that was inside.
- Alongside Cletus, slaughtered the entire staff of Ravencroft Institute while freeing Shriek.
- Killed the authorities who arrived to stop them as they were escaping Ravencroft.
- Carnage hated Shriek's sonic screams due to affecting his body, so he threatened to kill her. While this may seem like survival instinct, Carnage knew that Cletus genuinely loved Shriek so that way he could keep Cletus in line with threats.
- Kidnapped Anne Weying and Patrick Mulligan to act as "witnesses" for Cletus and Shriek's wedding and lure Eddie Brock/Venom to kill them. Despite seeming altruistic towards Cletus at first, he killed the priest officiating the wedding by eating his head to gain a boost in power, even though Cletus did not want to kill the priest and was upset when Carnage did so.
- Nearly killed Dan after he saved Venom.
- After getting tired of Shriek's presence, Carnage tried to kill her and forced Cletus to stay bonded with him even though the latter didn't want to and tried to stop Carnage from killing Shriek.
- Attempted to make Eddie and Venom watch Anne die.
- While having to compete with Carlton Drake and Riot, who wanted to commit genocide on humanity, Carnage stands out due to only just being created during the film's story yet being able to commit mass murder and destruction with the few resources he has, even managing to have a higher onscreen kill count than them and being more personally cruel to the heroes than either of them.
- In a deleted scene, Carnage talks with Cletus and Shriek about his plans for humanity and he even expresses interest in a plan similar to that of Drake and Riot, intending to wipe out humankind and replace them with human/symbiote hybrids, so, in the long run, Carnage was no better than Drake and Riot.
- Most of his crimes are shared with Cletus due to bonding with him, but Cletus does not qualify as Pure Evil due to his genuine love for Shriek and his moral standards, in contrast to Carnage's lack thereof and being evil to the point where even Cletus was horrified towards (and fell victim to) Carnage's cruelty.
- His movie was the first movie to feature the current Sony logo 
- This is the only incarnation of Carnage where only the Carnage Symbiote counts as Pure Evil, but Cletus Kasady does not due to the latter's counterpart in this version being more sympathetic and having redeeming qualities.
- The Carnage Symbiote is the fourth Pure Evil villain to appear in a Spider-Man film, following Carlton Drake, Riot and Mysterio.