|“||Look around at the world… what do you see? A planet at the brink of collapse. Human beings… are disposable! But man, and symbiote—combined. This is a new race. New species. A higher lifeform.||„|
|~ Carlton Drake to one of his test subjects, explaining his motive.|
Dr. Carlton Drake is one of the two main antagonists of the 2018 film Venom alongside Riot.
The 2018 film Dr. Carlton Drake is based on the Marvel comic book character of the same name. He is the misanthropic CEO of the Life Foundation, who is bent on fusing humanity with Symbiotes in order to "save" the human race. This incarnation of the character is also noticeably more villainous than his comic counterpart.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Carlton Drake's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Experimented with symbiotes bonding to poor people, having the symbiotes devour them so he can learn how to control them.
- Sent his men to kill Eddie Brock when he learned he had one of the symbiotes.
- Had Dr. Skirth killed by a symbiote when she tried to provide evidence against him to Eddie Brock.
- After merging with Riot, he embraced that power and killed people in his path, trying to aid Riot in bringing the symbiotes to Earth to devour all of humanity.
- While he believed that he was gonna save the human race by bringing the symbiotes to Earth, his actions would have likely caused the deaths of many human and symbiotes alike, as the film shows that some humans die because they aren't suitable hosts and symbiotes can't survive out of their homeworld without hosts.
- Carlton Drake, along with Riot, is the very first Pure Evil villain ever featured in a film based on Spider-Man characters.
- Carlton Drake at the Marvel Movies wiki
- Carlton Drake at the Villains wiki