|“||I'm not a soldier anymore, sir. The day we took hostages, we became mercenaries - and mercenaries get paid. I want my f--king money!||„|
|~ Darrow's mutiny against Gen. Hummel.|
Captain Darrow is a supporting antagonist in the 1996 action film The Rock.
He is a greedy, traitorous U.S. Marine who serves under the film's main antagonist, General Frank Hummel, and aids him in taking hostages at Alcatraz. Unlike Hummel, however, Darrow's motive is not a misguided, but genuine, sense of patriotism and honor, but pure and simple greed.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Takes part in General Hummel's plan to take hostages at Alcatraz.
- Cares nothing for Hummel's cause of supporting the families of forgotten soldiers - he just wants the money.
- Dishonors the uniform of a soldier with his greed, thuggery, and sadism.
- Kills several Navy Seals sent to rescue the hostages.
- Suggests killing hostages to "send a message".
- Leads revolt against Hummel when the plan fails.
- Kills Hummel, Major Tom Baxter, and Sergeant Crisp.
- Tries, unsuccessfully, to launch VX rocket at San Francisco, which would kill thousands of people.
- Tries, unsuccessfully, to kill Stanley Goodspeed.