|“||My point of origin was a thousand light years removed from Mars, on the planet Colu. I am...Brainiac.
|~ Brainiac introducing himself to Green Arrow and Black Canary.|
|“||I value knowledge. And like your metal trinkets, knowledge is more valuable when it is rare.||„|
Brainiac (originally Vril Dox) is the main antagonist of the 2017 video game Injustice 2.
He is a ruthless and megalomaniacal alien super-computer being, intent on conquering the entire universe, destroying Superman himself, and enslaving all life forms he encounters. Despite him being the ultimate villain of the entire game itself, Brainiac is also a playable character in the game.
He was voiced by Jeffrey Combs, who also portrayed Rat King in the 2012 reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Wiped out or enslaved trillions of lifeforms while collecting cities and lifeforms before destroying their planets—one of these unfortunate fallen worlds was Krypton, the homeplanet of Superman and Supergirl.
- According to one of his intros with Atrocitus, Brainiac has already collected billions of worlds.
- Kills Kent Nelson (Dr. Fate) before engaging in combat with Superman & Batman.
- Permanently deleted Coast City and Metropolis before Earth's other cities were restored.
- Brainwashes Green Arrow, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Firestorm, & Swamp-Thing to his control temporarily.
- Kidnaps Supergirl and attempts to vivisect her.
- He is one of two Pure Evil Injustice villains, alongside Joker. Surprisingly, even Brainiac personally hates Joker for how he corrupted Superman by making him kill his unborn son and wife to activate a bomb that destroys the city he swore to protect, like most of the characters (villains included) in the franchise. However, it cannot even be considered redeeming one bit considering how many planets he destroyed, the cities he shrunk, imprisoned and enslaved and how many people he killed, proving that Brainiac is worse than the Joker on sheer destructiveness and is just rather hypocritical.
- He is the third version of Brainiac to be Pure Evil, along with his comics counterpart and his animated counterpart.