Botticelli Remorso is the main antagonist of the 2003 fantasy novel The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo and its 2008 computer-animated film adaptation of the same name by Universal Pictures.
He is a cruel and manipulative sewer rat who serves as the tyrannical leader of the rat world.
Botticelli is domineering, oppressive, pompous and tyrannical. He is a greedy and manipulative sewer rat who plans to devour all the humans of the kingdom, so that he and the rats could have a commanding influence on the outside world and roam the city for life. He is shown to be a sadistic and deceptive trickster, as he loves to trick others and watch them suffer.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Believes the meaning of life is to make others suffer.
- Killed most of his enemies and decorates his town with the bones of his enemies.
- Has the mice tortured and enslaved in his dungeon.
- Throws mice into an arena and forces them to fight a large feral cat for his own amusement and the cat has won most of the time.
- Double-crosses Mig and Roscoro by imprisoning her as well as Princess Pea despite the deal being Mig will be Princess while Pea is imprisoned.
- Plans to eat every human in the kingdom and then rule it and plans to kill Princess Pea to provoke them.
- It's quite ironic that his surname be "Remorso" (Italian for 'remorse'), since Botticelli felt anything but remorse for his crimes, which is fitting for his Pure Evil status.
|Animation Pure Evils|