|“||Potter, you cannot win against me! I was and am the Dark Lord's most loyal servant. I learned the Dark Arts from him, and I know spells of such power that you, pathetic little boy, can never hope to compete!||„|
|~ Bellatrix Lestrange taunting Harry Potter during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries.|
|“||I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!||„|
|~ Bellatrix Lestrange taunting Harry about her murder of Sirius Black.|
Bellatrix Lestrange is the secondary antagonist of the Harry Potter franchise. She is a flashback antagonist of the Goblet of Fire, a major antagonist of the Order of the Phoenix and the Half-Blood Prince, the secondary antagonist of the Deathly Hallows (Parts 1 and 2) and a posthumous antagonist of the Cursed Child.
She is a lethal Death Eater serving as one of Lord Voldemort's most effective servants, participating in murders of that not only affected the stories previous to book 5 but even during the series continuation in killing an important character to the franchise and it's main character, negating a lot of efforts that the main cast had been focused in book 5. Bellatrix is also one of the cruelest Harry Potter villains, as most of her actions in the series are usually done for her own sadistic enjoyment.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Bellatrix Lestrange's Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Her Pure Evil?
- Though she can certainly be considered insane, she’s sane enough to understand the consequences of her actions and shows pleasure in harming others for no reason other than "fun".
- Torturing Neville's parents for information, damaging them so horribly that their minds became broken beyond repair, with the wizarding community considering it to be the most horrendous crime committed in the modern wizarding world.
- Killing her own cousin Sirius Black, which completely negated all the value Harry was trying to make in saving his family in book 5, and then mocks Harry with his death constantly.
- Celebrated Dumbledore’s death by casting the Dark Mark (even if it is movie only). Nobody else celebrated his death, at least not quite the way she did.
- Tortured Hermione for information on Gryffindor's sword while taking sadistic pleasure in her pain. While this was toned down in the films, she carved Mudblood in her arm.
- Takes extreme pleasure in the pain she causes her victims, making her one of the most proficient users of the Cruciatus Curse, one of the three Unforgivable Curses, making it her signature spell.
- Even her "love" for Voldemort, her only possible redeeming quality, is merely an unhealthy obsession because Voldemort is the culmination of all her beliefs of pure blood supremacy and dark arts. In simple words, she worshiped Voldemort vs actually feeling anything genuine toward him.
- Enticed a wealthy man from the Lestrange bloodline into a loveless union, solely for professional reasons to make herself look good to pure-blood fanatics. She never mentioned him by name once, even in the novels, and she committed adultery when she had a baby (Delphini) with Voldemort.
- Killed Dobby by throwing a dagger towards him.
- Killing Nymphadora Tonks, her estranged niece and the daughter of her disowned sister Andromeda, just because Tonks was a half-blood, an Auror, a member of the Order of the Phoenix and for marrying the werewolf Remus Lupin, who was murdered by Antonin Dolohov.
- Sadistically mocked Molly Weasley of the death of her son and how she would proceed to kill Ginny next.
- The apparent affectionate relationship Bellatrix had with her sister Narcissa and her nephew Draco Malfoy looks like a disqualifying factor. However, this is not the case, because she disowned her sister Andromeda due to racist reasons and it's very likely that she would have easily turned on Narcissa or other relatives if Lord Voldemort ordered her to do so. She also didn't show any concern for Draco's safety due to her statement that if she had any sons, she would give them to the service of the Dark Lord, merely seeing her potential offspring as tools, which may mean that she would not have had a close relationship with Delphini had she survived the Battle of Hogwarts.
- She was ranked as the second most evil Harry Potter character by WatchMojo, behind Lord Voldemort.
- Just like Voldemort, her LEGO version cannot be Pure Evil as such version is light-hearted, played for laughs and not taken seriously.