|“||Iron Man: You sent Dynamo to die?
Zemo: That's what a team is for, yes?
|~ Zemo displaying his Bad Boss tendencies.|
|“||Let the Skull have Bucky. Your life is mine to take!||„|
|~ Zemo before lunging at Captain America with his sword.|
Baron Heinrich Zemo is a major antagonist of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, serving as a major antagonist in Season 1 and a minor antagonist in Season 2.
He is one of the first leaders of the terrorist organization HYDRA and the leader of a group of supervillains known as the Masters of Evil. He is also one of Captain America's greatest enemies alongside the Red Skull.
He was voiced by Robin Atkin Downes, who also voiced General Wilhelm Strasse in 2009's Wolfenstein, Solaris in All-Star Superman, Valak in The Conjuring 2, Shinnok in the Mortal Kombat franchise and Emperor Nefarious in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- During World War II, he tried to use Virus X against the Allies in order to secure victory for HYDRA. He then sought revenge against Captain America for getting some of the virus all over him, although it was his own fault to begin with.
- Freed Graviton during the breakout, which makes him indirectly responsible for part of New York being potentially killed, and Thor almost drowning.
- He has Doughboy attack the Statue of Liberty and its dozens/hundreds of occupants to distract the Avengers while he targets Captain America in their mansion soon after he was thawed out of ice, nearly killing him and Wasp while they're both defenseless.
- He forces Wonder Man to work for him, since Amora the Enchantress' magic is the only thing keeping him from ionic energy body from fading away.
- He systematically kidnaps the Avengers one at a time with the Masters of Evil, planning to let Captain America live just long enough to watch everything he holds dear die.
- He puts a mind-control collar on Enchantress' neck while she's summoning Asgard's armies to Earth, telling her to make sure they're under his control when they arrive so he can take over the world, to add on to this, since the other members of the Masters of Evil were still guarding the other norn stones, this act could have gotten some, if not all of the other Masters of Evil killed.
- He lets Arnim Zola get killed by the Enchantress and then sends Crimson Dynamo to fight and nearly die in his place just to give himself more time to reach the Avengers, both without even a shred of remorse whatsoever. It's saying something when even Iron Man, Dynamo's archenemy, of all people is disgusted by Zemo's callousness here.
- He uses the last remaining Norn stone which is connected to Muspelheim (a place that not even Loki would dare associating with) to protect himself against the Enchantress' magic, breaking down the walls to said realm and thus risking destroying the entire universe just to save his own skin. When Amora calls him out on this, he doesn't care.
- He betrays and tries to kill the Avengers despite promising surrender in exchange for protection against the Enchantress, and then tries to kill Amora with his sword while Iron Man has her magic "turned off".
- Overall, Zemo is just a notorious, dishonorable, sociopathic backstabber, to the point that even Captain America is disgusted by him, as he wouldn't open his cell to let him help fight Annihilus in the Negative Zone, saying he'd rather fight a million bugs in the front than risk one of Zemo's daggers in the back.