|“||Always the same... And now all this. No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! No more systems! NO MORE! No more superpowers... So much faith in their tools, in their machines. You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel... but you can never... strike.... GOD!!!||„|
|~ Apocalypse while launching the world's nuclear arsenal into space.|
|“||My child, why do you enslave yourself?||„|
|~ Apocalypse to Storm.|
En Sabah Nur, otherwise known as Apocalypse, is one of the overarching antagonists (alongside Sebastian Shaw) of the X-Men film series, serving as the overarching antagonist of the 2014 superhero film X-Men: Days of Future Past and the titular main antagonist of the 2016 superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse.
Apocalypse is the world's first and most powerful mutant, who was born prior to 3,600 B.C. in Ancient Egypt, where he was worshipped as a god. He possessed various mutant abilities that made him seemingly invincible. Apocalypse would always select four powerful mutants to serve him as his Four Horsemen. Upon awakening in the modern world in 1983, Apocalypse lived under the belief that mankind needed to be eradicated. Apocalypse recruited Storm, Psylocke, Archangel, and Magneto to serve as his Horsemen. His plot was ultimately foiled during the Battle in Cairo and he was killed by Jean.
He was portrayed by Oscar Isaac.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Apocalypse (X-Men Movies)'s Synopsis on the Villains Wiki.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Ruled over Egypt like a tyrannical god.
- "Recruited" new Horsemen by exploiting troubled mutants, one being Magneto who just lost his wife and daughter.
- Painfully killed anyone in his path, especially at the factory where Magneto worked.
- Blew up the X-Mansion while kidnapping Professor Xavier, getting Havok killed in the process.
- Planned to possess Xavier and use his telepathic powers to enter the minds of anyone he chooses.
- Destroyed an entire city and reshaped it as a pyramid.
- Urged Magneto to use his powers to move the magnetic poles of the Earth, killing billions.
- Threatened to kill Mystique, Xavier's foster sister, to draw him out of hiding when his plan to possess him fails.
- Breaks Quicksilver's leg and arm and put him to have his throat slashed by Psylocke.
- Ironically, despite being Pure Evil, Apocalypse's plans involved making mutantkind the superior race in the world, which would have eventually benefitted the mutants, because as shown in Logan, all mutants were hunted down until near extinction by Donald Pierce and Dr. Zander Rice, which proves that Apocalypse would have actually given mutants the chance to thrive.
- It is one of the two versions of Apocalypse that are Pure Evil, along with his animated version.
|Films Pure Evils|