|“||As always, he proves the incompetent fool for not accepting the inevitable! When I am done, all his universes shall be destroyed... while mine shall rule supreme! Universe after universe has fallen before my power. World after world is absorbed into one. How many worlds do I now control? How many lives are now mine?||„|
|“||My curse. My destiny. My reason. It no longer matters. As you are now the witness, I am the Destroyer.||„|
The Anti-Monitor is one of the main antagonists of DC Comics.
He famously served as the primary antagonist of the 1985 storyline Crisis on Infinite Earths. He first appeared in Crisis on Infinite Earths #2 (although he remained in shadow until Crisis on Infinite Earths #5), and was destroyed in Crisis on Infinite Earths #12, only to return after a long absence in Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1 (2007). Hailing from Qward, the Antimatter Universe, the Anti-Monitor was the polar opposite of the Monitor, created when the universe split into the Multiverse. Despising everything that wasn't him, the Anti-Monitor sought to destroy the Multiverse one reality at a time by initiating a "entropy wave", a slow-moving wave of antimatter that obliterated every alternate Earth. He is the arch-enemy of the Monitor, the Justice League, and the Green Lantern Corps.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Was a murderous monster even before bonding with the Anti-Life Equation.
- Has destroyed and absorbed thousands of positive matter universes.
- Uses Psycho Pirate to crush the minds of countless beings and force them to turn on each other.
- Drains millions of lives in the Anti-Matter, killing all of those there.
- Bonded all universes together and attempts to wipe out earth, intending to rebuild the universe in his own twisted image.
- Temporarily wiped out 99% of existence with the anti-matter universe being the only thing left from this destruction.
- Brutally kills Supergirl in front of her cousin Superman.
- Forced Barry Allen to sacrifice himself.
- Caused more deaths than any other villain the DC universe has encountered.
- Destroyed Universe's 3 Earth and Krypton.
- Painfully murdered Ultraman whose New 52 version of him was already Pure Evil.
- Tried to destroy Earth again and then intended to permanently destroy all of existence, starting with the Justice League.