|“||Let me clarify something for you, Chris. I don't think of myself as a king. No, I am a god! And even kings bow down to gods.||„|
|~ Albert Wesker to Chris Redfield.|
|“||Every day, humans come one step closer to self-destruction. I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it!||„|
|~ Albert Wesker ranting on his goals.|
Albert Wesker is the main antagonist of the popular Capcom survival horror video game franchise Resident Evil. He is the main antagonist of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 5, one of the two secondary antagonists (alongside William Birkin) of Resident Evil 0, the overarching antagonist of Resident Evil 4, a major antagonist in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, and a posthumous antagonist in Resident Evil 6. He is also the main protagonist of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and a minor antagonist in Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles.
Wesker was a high-ranking researcher of the dangerous Umbrella Corporation who also served as a double agent within S.T.A.R.S., serving as the captain of Alpha Team. Wesker would later betray Umbrella and surface as a member of a mysterious organization looking to profit off of Umbrella's research. Eventually, Wesker would go on to pursue his megalomaniacal desires for world domination with the Uroboros virus, but he was stopped by Chris Redfield and the BSAA. He was a sophisticated scientist, making complex plans from every step he goes on, with hardly anyone being able to stop him, except for the majority of S.T.A.R.S protagonist characters notably being Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Leon S. Kennedy and many more.
In Japanese, he is voiced in Jōji Nakata in all appearances. In English, he has been voiced by Pablo Kuntz in Resident Evil, Richard Waugh in Peter Jessop (who also voiced Sovereign in Mass Effect, Lord Miraak in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Balthazar in Guild Wars, and Lim and Smiling Hawk in Jade Empire) in the 2002 remake of Resident Evi, Richard Waugh in Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 4, and D.C. Douglas (who also voiced Deathstroke in DC Super Hero Girls, Azrael in BlazBlue, Gharnef in Fire Emblem, Yoshikage Kira in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and Suguru Kamoshida in Persona 5) in all appearances since Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- When he was a child, along with many other gifted children, Albert Wesker was placed into the ‘Wesker Project’ by Oswell E. Spencer and raised to share his sinister values, given the finest education money could buy and made his way into university education at a young age, however instead of using his prodigy mind and intelligence to benefit the world he instead chose to use Spencer’s teachings and pursue a life of evil and obtaining power, playing a huge role in the entire world going into turmoil over hostile and infectious creatures that took millions of lives and thus making Wesker become an even worse individual than Spencer himself.
- While his sister Alex might have cared for him, it's very likely this care wasn't reciprocal.
- He was originally a high ranking scientist in Umbrella Corporation, who was heavily involved in the T-Virus Project and performed unethical and abominable experimentation on many people.
- Even though he was in a sexual relationship with a Serbian Edonian immigrant, the fact he had abandoned her upon pregnancy implies he never loved her.
- Under Spencer's orders, Wesker joined Dr. William Birkin in assassinating Dr. James Marcus. Although it turned out that Marcus deserved his fate, the fact Wesker killed him is what triggered the events of Resident Evil 0; wherein Wesker and Birkin took over the Tyrant Project and ended up leading to the man becoming Queen Leech.
- Wesker and Dr. Birkin created the Nemesis Alpha Parasite and used it on Lisa Trevor, and when the parasite was killed by her immune system the Golgotha Virus was eventually discovered, making Wesker partially responsible for the G-Virus.
- He was also one of the key people who tortured and turned Lisa Trevor into a horrific monster, showing no remorse as he puts her down decades later.
- He worked as a double agent as the Captain of the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team, informing Umbrella Corporation of their knowledge on the corporation.
- He sabotaged the engine of Bravo Team's helicopter and intentionally led the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha & Bravo teams into Spencer Mansion, a Zombie & B.O.W. infested death trap, leading to the deaths of many members of the teams, all because he wanted to test out Umbrella's Bioweapons onto live combatants.
- He also personally killed Capt. Marini, and blackmailed Barry with empty threats of killing his family unless he destroyed evidence of Umbrella in said mansion.
- In order to recover data and bioweapons samples, Wesker led a raid on Rockfort Island so as to obtain Alexia Ashford's research on T-Veronica, and was directly involved in destroying the Island’s infrastructure and unleashing B.O.W.s within it.
- He ordered his Rockfort Island team to take the T-Veronica infected Steve Burnside, a seventeen year-old and Claire’s close ally, as a test subject.
- Upon obtaining the Golgotha & T-Veronica Virus as well as several B.O.W.s, Wesker made large fortunes selling bioweapons to criminals on the black market.
- One such instance was the drug lord Javier Hidalgo who turned to Umbrella for help with saving his wife from an incurable disease, who was horrifically mutated into a monster, who then turned his back against Umbrella and began dealing with Wesker behind the scenes. Wesker supplied Hidalgo with B.O.W.s that allowed Hidalgo to continue his reign as a dangerous cartel leader, leading to countless casualties amongst Hidalgo's enemies. This makes Wesker responsible for the viral outbreak Hidalgo caused and American soldier Jack Krauser becoming injured and turning to a life of villainy. Even worse, Wesker used funds from his dealings to fuel his Uroboros Project.
- After reuniting with Oswell E. Spencer in the private Spencer Estate, Wesker brutally murders his creator by impaling him through his chest with his hand, upon having learnt of the Wesker Project and seeing no use for his former master (although he deserved it).
- He tries to infect the entire world with Project Uroboros, turning everyone save for the genetically superior into mindless monsters so he can then rule over it as a god, deludedly expressing how he is saving the world since only a few lives matter and only the strong should rule.
- In two years on his orders, thousands of people were kidnapped and placed in Tricell’s facility to serve as test subjects, experimented on so they could be turned into Tricell’s agents.
- He abducted Jill Valentine (his former comrade) and kept her alive in cold sleep at Tricell’s facility, however because she had antibodies to the T-Virus in her system, she was a poor test subject. Rather than simply killing her, Wesker saw fit to have her regularly injected with performance-enhancing drugs to serve unwillingly as one of his agents. He also brainwashed and turned Jill into his own personal bodyguard, forcing her to commit many murders against her will and attack her close ally Chris Redfield. And she was aware at some level that her actions were hurting people even while under his control.
- During the final stage of Uroboros research, he and Excella ordered the execution of all the research staff.
- Even though Tricell gave Islamist terrorists samples of the Type-2 Plagas, casuing an outbreak in West African country Kijuju and turning every innocent civilian into monsters known as Majini, Wesker is responsible for this as he was the one who gave Tricell Plagas samples.
- He injected Excella Gionne, his most loyal ally, with Uroboros, knowing she was incompatible, to make killing Chris and Sheva easier, as for him she was nothing but a valuable asset (if not quite a pawn) in his plans.
- In short, Albert Wesker is nothing but a complete power-hungry narcissist, constantly manipulating and using all in his life for his own selfish intentions, believing he has the right to be a god and rule over the world he has ravaged in his own sick image.
- In his final battle with Chris and Sheva, Wesker imbued himself with Uroboros and attempting to kill both Chris and Sheva himself. However, he attempt to drag the extracted helicopter where Chris, Sheva and Jill are in only to be killed by Chris and Sheva with RPG's, thus ending Wesker's terror for good.
- Even after his death, Wesker's influence remained into his son, Jake Muller. Neo-Umbrella wants to use Wesker's blood from Jake to enhance the C-Virus (but they don't care if he is dead or alive).
- Albert Wesker on the Resident Evil Wiki
- Albert Wesker on the Villains Wiki
- Albert Wesker on the VS Battles Wiki