|“||You are nothing but a grunt! You do not get to take me down. You are going to beg to me. Blood loss is gonna make you weak, you're gonna slip in and out of shock, you will know pain and fear! Fear, Frank. Your ribs must be crrrracked! Ohh, I'm gonna take all the breath out of your lungs, out of YOUR LUNGS, until you can barely whisper, and the last word out of your mouth is gonna be PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...!||„|
|~ Rawlins torturing the Punisher.|
|“||I pulled you out of the mud, gutter rat! Billy, don't get confused. Men like me make the plans, men like you shed the blood. You think you're clean? Who killed Homeland agents, huh? Not me. No, I-I have everything. I have your doctored discharge papers, the money transfers. You're only as clean as I let you be, because when it's all said and done, you're just a stupid grunt, too.||„|
|~ Rawlins expressing his disloyalty towards Billy Russo.|
William "Bill" Rawlins III, also known under his code name Agent Orange, is the overarching antagonist of the Netflix original series Marvel's The Punisher, serving as one of the two main antagonists (along with Billy Russo) of the first season and a posthumous antagonist for the remainder of the series.
He is an extremely sadistic CIA operative and the former leader of Project Cerberus, an operation during the war in Kandahar that specialized in eliminating targets, who hunts down Frank Castle for believing him to be the last living witness about that project.
He was portrayed by Paul Schulze.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- He sent his private death squad on many suicide missions, smuggling heroin within their corpses for personal profit.
- He tortured and framed an innocent cop as a terrorist when he learned the truth about his war crimes, before leaving him to be executed by Frank.
- He gets off on beating prisoners with his bare hands, which Russo believes is to the point where it sexually arouses him.
- He ordered the massacre at Central Park that ended up causing the death of Frank's wife and two children, something he already wished to do for a lot out of petty and spiteful revenge for humiliating him and crushing his eye.
- He sends soldiers to Kentucky for a dangerous mission, who end up killing Gunner Henderson.
- He leaves Russo to kill Morty Bennett and his dominatrix when his usefulness expires.
- He tries to sell out Russo to the CIA to save his own career.
- He kidnaps and tries to kill Micro's wife and son.
- He brutally tortures Frank almost to death, even nearly taking his eye after injecting him with adrenaline. Frank thankfully breaks free and brutally slaughters him.
- Overall, Rawlins is a smug coward with no loyalty to anyone but himself. He constantly derides the soldiers under his command as "grunts", and wasn't even pragmatic enough to let Russo keep his promise to quickly kill Frank after he did what was asked. Even Russo, who is by no means a saint himself, hates Rawlins' guts and regrets not letting Frank kill him back in Kandahar.
- Agent Orange on the Villains Wiki.
- Agent Orange on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki.
- Agent Orange on the Marvel Database.